sending a ringtone to a 6100

I took an mp3 file and downconverted it to a 16 kHz 8 bit mono PCM
wav file to use a ringtone for my 6100. I created an account on
vzwpix.com and then emailed the wav file as an attachment to
myphonenumber@vzwpix.com. When the message arrive on my phone, it
displayed the text of the message and the following [note the message
states that it is an mp3 but the file I attached was a wav]:

Attachment Dropped:
<filename.mp3> of
type: <audio/mpeg;
name="filename.mp3">

I tried selecting the 'save sound attachment' option but the phone
states that there is no attachment to save.
I then tried taking the original mp3 file and downconverted it to
a 128 kbit mono mp3. Again I emailed it to my phone as an attachment.
This time the message arrived and displayed:

Failed to play PIX message

I'm unable to see the message body and there are no options to
save the attachments. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I don't
want to experiement with it too much because it will get costly at .25 per
attempt. Thanks.

noneya

rename it from "whatever.mp3" to "whatever.mid" and then try it. I remember
reading that somewhere before I even tried it on mine, and when I sent an
mp3 to myself that way - it worked first time. Don't ask me why. :)

--
The Toe Pages: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Freshly Redesigned! New Low-Tech Appeal!

Why rename it? just send it as a .mp3.
"Robert J Batina" <rbatina@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> rename it from "whatever.mp3" to "whatever.mid" and then try it. I
> remember
> reading that somewhere before I even tried it on mine, and when I sent an
> mp3 to myself that way - it worked first time. Don't ask me why. :)
>
> --
> The Toe Pages: http://www.rubbertoe.com
> Freshly Redesigned! New Low-Tech Appeal!

You can try this site. It's FREE.

http://www.funformobile.com/

You can send multiple ringtones or wallpapers at once.

Strike <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> spewed:
> Why rename it? just send it as a .mp3.

Apparently the phone/vzw doesn't play well with the "mp3" extension
sometime. *shrug* I've got a cable and BitPim now, so I've never bothered
to try it again, leaving it *.mp3 or whatever.

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com