Printing from DOS program to dot matrix

We have an Okidata 321 dot matrix printer connected to a
WinXP Pro PC through a parallel cable to LPT1. When we
use DOS apps it prints fine, but any old DOS apps will say
they are printing but we get no output from the printer.
This setup used to work fine until recently. Any ideas?

Hi i noticed you didn't get any answers, but i have the
same problem, along with the A/B switch for the laser
printer and this one....

it used to work just fine with our dos program, but now
with xp pro, it's spitting out some garbage bothe before
and after.

did you find a fix for your problem??

Sheri