TN3270 Printing

I have install XP Pro and configured a TN3270 connection
to the mainframe. I can navigate through the mainframe,
but when I try to print the program closes and I am put
back to the desktop.

Can anyone help me

Neal

What product are you using for 3270 emulation?

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

"NealJH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have install XP Pro and configured a TN3270 connection
> to the mainframe. I can navigate through the mainframe,
> but when I try to print the program closes and I am put
> back to the desktop.
>
> Can anyone help me
>
> Neal

That's what we are using also and have found that it is very finiky about
printer drivers. Whether or not you are using a particular printer, if
there is anything not exactly correct about the installed drivers, Extra
will have a serious problem.

I suggest cleaning out all of the printer drivers (see
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312052 or use the
cleanspl utility from the Resource Kit). Then, make sure you install only
drivers you are certain are for Windows XP.

If you are using a Network Printer (a printer shared from another server),
the driver offered by the print server must be a Driver Model Version 3
("Windows 2000 or Windows XP) and "compatible" - some "Windows 2000" printer
drivers are not Model 3 and may not work correctly on Windows XP. HP have a
fairly good article around this subject at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpl13043

--

> We are using EXTRA! Personal Client 32-Bit

TRENDING THREADS