Printers unavailable until "net start spooler" is performed

How do I get the printer to work after boot-up without going through the
command process???
I've really been going through the ringer with this thing, any suggestions
would help, I've removed all of the printer drivers, edited the registry to
get the entries out, I need some help! Thanks Jeff
12 answers Last reply
More about printers unavailable start spooler performed

    Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.... Ensure the Print Spooler
    is set to Automatic.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Jeff F" <bdfd1220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get the printer to work after boot-up without going through the
    > command process???
    > I've really been going through the ringer with this thing, any
    > suggestions
    > would help, I've removed all of the printer drivers, edited the registry
    > get the entries out, I need some help! Thanks Jeff

    How do I install the Print Spooler in Services? There is not one in the
    services window.....
    > Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.... Ensure the Print Spooler
    > is set to Automatic.
    > --
    > Cari
    > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Jeff F" <bdfd1220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I get the printer to work after boot-up without going through the
    > > command process???
    > > I've really been going through the ringer with this thing, any
    > > suggestions
    > > would help, I've removed all of the printer drivers, edited the registry
    > > get the entries out, I need some help! Thanks Jeff

    Oh dear.... I see a Repair Installation of XP in your very near future.
    Fortunately it's very rare it gets deleted, in all the years I've been
    posting here, you're only the second person I've come across who has managed
    to lose their spooler.

    > How do I install the Print Spooler in Services? There is not one in the
    > services window.....
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > > Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.... Ensure the Print
    Spooler
    > > is set to Automatic.
    > > --
    > > Cari
    > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "Jeff F" <bdfd1220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > How do I get the printer to work after boot-up without going through
    the
    > > > command process???
    > > > I've really been going through the ringer with this thing, any
    > > > suggestions
    > > > would help, I've removed all of the printer drivers, edited the
    registry
    > > > get the entries out, I need some help! Thanks Jeff

    Cari, my mistake, I wasn't looking in the correct services area.... my
    setting IS on automatic, but it does not start when you attempt to install a
    printer.

    *I followed the instructions for removing printer drivers from Bruce
    Sanderson's site after I started the service the printer installed normally,
    however the printer service does not run after a reboot.
    One of the dependencies of the service is the RPCSS, is this causeing it not
    to start?

    How can I get this to start after booting? Or is there something else that
    I am missing?

    > Oh dear.... I see a Repair Installation of XP in your very near future.
    > Fortunately it's very rare it gets deleted, in all the years I've been
    > posting here, you're only the second person I've come across who has
    managed
    > to lose their spooler.
    > www.coribright.com
    >

    > "Jeff F" <bdfd1220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I install the Print Spooler in Services? There is not one in
    the
    > > services window.....
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > > > Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.... Ensure the Print
    > Spooler
    > > > is set to Automatic.
    > > > --
    > > > Cari
    > > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > > > www.coribright.com
    > > >
    > > > "Jeff F" <bdfd1220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > the
    > registry

    Once more into the Services screen..... is the Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    also started - it should also be set to automatic. (This is the first
    entry, not the one for Locator)
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Jeff F" <bdfd1220U@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Cari, my mistake, I wasn't looking in the correct services area.... my
    > setting IS on automatic, but it does not start when you attempt to install
    > printer.
    >
    > *I followed the instructions for removing printer drivers from Bruce
    > Sanderson's site after I started the service the printer installed
    > normally,
    > however the printer service does not run after a reboot.
    > One of the dependencies of the service is the RPCSS, is this causeing it
    > not
    > to start?
    >
    > How can I get this to start after booting? Or is there something else
    > that
    > I am missing?
    >
    > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >> Oh dear.... I see a Repair Installation of XP in your very near future.
    >> Fortunately it's very rare it gets deleted, in all the years I've been
    >> posting here, you're only the second person I've come across who has
    > managed
    >> to lose their spooler.
    >> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>

    >> "Jeff F" <bdfd1220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > How do I install the Print Spooler in Services? There is not one in
    > the
    >> > services window.....
    >> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >> Spooler

    >> the
    >> registry

    I having exactly the same problem with a Lexmark Z53 printer. Everytime I try and install the drivers it tells me that the required section was not found in the INF. So I have deleted all the drivers and entries for the printer in the registry, and now it's telling me that the print spooler is not started.

    It is set to auto under services, but I cannot start it and nor can the driver installation program. I get the same message as Jeff, that in cannot start because of a dependency (RPC is the only one) is missing (it isn't, and is set to auto and is running) or has been marked for deletion:

    Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

    Steps 14 thru 16 at
    www.coribright.com

    "Karcsi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I having exactly the same problem with a Lexmark Z53 printer. Everytime I
    try and install the drivers it tells me that the required section was not
    found in the INF. So I have deleted all the drivers and entries for the
    printer in the registry, and now it's telling me that the print spooler is
    not started.

    > It is set to auto under services, but I cannot start it and nor can the
    driver installation program. I get the same message as Jeff, that in cannot
    start because of a dependency (RPC is the only one) is missing (it isn't,
    and is set to auto and is running) or has been marked for deletion:

    > Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
    deletion.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Cari, I have checked the RPCS setting and the Print Spooler setting, they
    are both set to "automatic". Any way that therecould be a dependency that
    has changed causing this? Again, to reiterate, the printer service runs fine
    after I start the service manually. I really do not want to do a repair
    install.......
    > Steps 14 thru 16 at
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Karcsi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I having exactly the same problem with a Lexmark Z53 printer. Everytime
    > try and install the drivers it tells me that the required section was not
    > found in the INF. So I have deleted all the drivers and entries for the
    > printer in the registry, and now it's telling me that the print spooler is
    > not started.
    > >
    > > It is set to auto under services, but I cannot start it and nor can the
    > driver installation program. I get the same message as Jeff, that in
    cannot
    > start because of a dependency (RPC is the only one) is missing (it isn't,
    > and is set to auto and is running) or has been marked for deletion:
    > >
    > > Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for
    > deletion.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions..... you do not have to do a Repair
    Installation, just reinstall the printer correctly.
    --

    > Cari, I have checked the RPCS setting and the Print Spooler setting, they
    > are both set to "automatic". Any way that therecould be a dependency
    > that
    > has changed causing this? Again, to reiterate, the printer service runs
    > fine
    > after I start the service manually. I really do not want to do a repair
    > install.......
    > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >> Steps 14 thru 16 at
    >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "Karcsi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I having exactly the same problem with a Lexmark Z53 printer. Everytime
    >> try and install the drivers it tells me that the required section was not
    >> found in the INF. So I have deleted all the drivers and entries for the
    >> printer in the registry, and now it's telling me that the print spooler
    >> is
    >> not started.
    >> >
    >> > It is set to auto under services, but I cannot start it and nor can the
    >> driver installation program. I get the same message as Jeff, that in
    > cannot
    >> start because of a dependency (RPC is the only one) is missing (it isn't,
    >> and is set to auto and is running) or has been marked for deletion:
    >> >
    >> > Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked
    >> > for
    >> deletion.

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Well I've done this three times now and it still does the same thing. what
    else could it be?
    > Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions..... you do not have to do a Repair
    > Installation, just reinstall the printer correctly.
    > --
    > Cari
    > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Jeff F" <bdfd1220U@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Cari, I have checked the RPCS setting and the Print Spooler setting,
    they
    > > are both set to "automatic". Any way that therecould be a dependency
    > > that
    > > has changed causing this? Again, to reiterate, the printer service runs
    > > fine
    > > after I start the service manually. I really do not want to do a
    repair
    > > install.......
    > > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > >> Steps 14 thru 16 at
    > >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > >> www.coribright.com
    > >>
    > >> "Karcsi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Everytime
    > >> try and install the drivers it tells me that the required section was
    not
    > >> found in the INF. So I have deleted all the drivers and entries for the
    > >> printer in the registry, and now it's telling me that the print spooler
    > >> is
    > >> not started.

    > >> driver installation program. I get the same message as Jeff, that in
    > > cannot
    > >> start because of a dependency (RPC is the only one) is missing (it
    isn't,
    > >> and is set to auto and is running) or has been marked for deletion:

    > >> deletion.

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Try this:

    Go to the folder c:\windows\system32\spool\printers. If there are recent files, cut them to an other location. Then restart Windows XP.
    I had this problem and this solved it.

    Good luck

    "Jeff F" wrote:

    > How do I get the printer to work after boot-up without going through the
    > command process???
    > I've really been going through the ringer with this thing, any suggestions
    > would help, I've removed all of the printer drivers, edited the registry to
    > get the entries out, I need some help! Thanks Jeff

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Good idea Hans, But, I've done this about 3 times making sure that all files
    are not hidden and all......
    "Hans" <Hans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Try this:
    >
    > Go to the folder c:\windows\system32\spool\printers. If there are recent
    files, cut them to an other location. Then restart Windows XP.
    > I had this problem and this solved it.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > "Jeff F" wrote:
    >
    > > How do I get the printer to work after boot-up without going through the
    > > command process???
    > > I've really been going through the ringer with this thing, any
    suggestions
    > > would help, I've removed all of the printer drivers, edited the registry
    > > get the entries out, I need some help! Thanks Jeff

Printers Microsoft Command Prompt Windows XP