What did I miss?

I'm considering coming back to EverQuest after almost a year's absence--
I got busy with work and City of Heroes, among other things. As the
subject says, what have I missed? Is there anything major pertaining to
necromancers? (My main and highest-level character. I miss all the
spooky evil stuff I used to do.)

--
"I'm sorry, did I offend you just now? Pardon me--I'm
sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Really, I'm sorry,

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:54:30 -0700, Tom Salyers
<tom.salyers@comcast.net> wrote:

>I'm considering coming back to EverQuest after almost a year's absence--
>I got busy with work and City of Heroes, among other things. As the
>subject says, what have I missed? Is there anything major pertaining to
>necromancers? (My main and highest-level character. I miss all the
>spooky evil stuff I used to do.)

I'm in a similar situation. I left EQ a couple of months before LDON,
after playing since a week after launch. Despite the 4+ years played,
my highest char was a 52 druid, and I never really went beyond
"casual" player. But I find myself missing it. Most of my old guild
moved on to WoW, but I just don't think it's for me.

So I was thinking of finally picking up LDON ($10 for digital
download) and getting a month or three subscription to just mess
around again. But I keep wondering if it'll be anything like the game
I remember. I've never been so bloody nostalgic for a game before...
it's unnatural, I tell you.

So what's the deal with the Dreadlands being a deathtrap now? I knew
there was an event that changed FV, but my beloved DL? Any other
zones that I should know about before taking the plunge?

Tom Salyers <tom.salyers@comcast.net> wrote in

> I'm considering coming back to EverQuest after almost a year's absence--
> I got busy with work and City of Heroes, among other things. As the
> subject says, what have I missed? Is there anything major pertaining to
> necromancers? (My main and highest-level character. I miss all the
> spooky evil stuff I used to do.)

Necros are still soloing gods...

There are new AAs with the newer expansions (not DoN). New zones to raze.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 26 Dwarven Mystic, 22 Sage
Aviv, 12 Gnome Brawler, 24 Provisioner

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:54:30 -0700, Tom Salyers
> <tom.salyers@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I'm considering coming back to EverQuest after almost a year's
absence--
>>I got busy with work and City of Heroes, among other things. As the
>>subject says, what have I missed? Is there anything major pertaining to
>>necromancers? (My main and highest-level character. I miss all the
>>spooky evil stuff I used to do.)
>
> Good changes:
> Level cap raised to 70
> Tradeskill cap raised a bit, new tradeskill may go up to 500's

300 is the new cap.

> Lots of new and useful camps in OoW (DoN is still new so nothing
> established yet)

Easy soloing in DoN.

--

The Other John <spamblock@blockit.com> writes:
> So what's the deal with the Dreadlands being a deathtrap now? I knew
> there was an event that changed FV, but my beloved DL? Any other
> zones that I should know about before taking the plunge?

I'm not sure what the earlier poster meant about DL. I've been there
recently and it seems back to normal. Prior to the event where Evil
overran FV, there were high level good and evil armies in DL, so you
had to watch out if you were KOS to one or both, plus the normal DL
mobs were missing. And the first part of the FV event itself was the
war in DL, which was almost certainly a quick death for any but high
level players. But no problems there now.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 47 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don