USA consoles to Europe

Please read through before assuming I'm nuts...

I'm moving to Europe with my 360, PS3, and Wii.
Assume the following:
- I don't care about not being able to buy games in Europe
- I don't care that Region 2 DVDs won't run
- I will have an NTSC television

My question is, can I just buy european power supplies (220/60) for the three consoles and not have to worry about plugging them right into the wall? I was told the PS3 is 110-220 and 50/60 and that the brick controls that on the 360. Can anyone give me some insight into whether this can be done?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about consoles europe
  1. Hi :)

I am in the UK....

Your TV wont work here.... we are on PAL ...not NTSC...

We are on 220/240 volts....so your PS3 SHOULD WORK...

Different European countries run of different voltages.....so country would help... ?

All the best Brett :)
  2. Hi Brett, thanks for the reply
    Well, the TV WILL work there, but it won't be able to receive anything from the TV box which is fine because I don't watch a lot of telly anyway. And for the few things I'll watch, I'm getting an NTSC/PAL converter.
    I'm moving to France where they are 220/240 and 50 Hz.

But my question is, attaching a power supply for Europe on my US consoles should be enough to get them running, right?
  3. yes they will work with a Euro powersupply. Infact as the voltage stuff is dealt with by the power supply itself I think all you actually need is an adaptor plug.
  4. wr6133 said:
    yes they will work with a Euro powersupply. Infact as the voltage stuff is dealt with by the power supply itself I think all you actually need is an adaptor plug.

Actually the 360 PSU only says 110 and 60, no mention of 220 and 50.
    Still don't know about the Wii.
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming PlayStation Power Supplies Video Games