USA consoles to Europe

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Playstation
  • Power Supplies
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 3, 2012 1:34:20 AM

Please read through before assuming I'm nuts...

I'm moving to Europe with my 360, PS3, and Wii.
Assume the following:
- I don't care about not being able to buy games in Europe
- I don't care that Region 2 DVDs won't run
- I will have an NTSC television

My question is, can I just buy european power supplies (220/60) for the three consoles and not have to worry about plugging them right into the wall? I was told the PS3 is 110-220 and 50/60 and that the brick controls that on the 360. Can anyone give me some insight into whether this can be done?

Thanks!

More about : usa consoles europe

a b ) Power supply
May 3, 2012 1:45:17 AM

Hi :) 

I am in the UK....

Your TV wont work here.... we are on PAL ...not NTSC...

We are on 220/240 volts....so your PS3 SHOULD WORK...

Different European countries run of different voltages.....so country would help... ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
May 3, 2012 3:36:38 AM

Hi Brett, thanks for the reply
Well, the TV WILL work there, but it won't be able to receive anything from the TV box which is fine because I don't watch a lot of telly anyway. And for the few things I'll watch, I'm getting an NTSC/PAL converter.
I'm moving to France where they are 220/240 and 50 Hz.

But my question is, attaching a power supply for Europe on my US consoles should be enough to get them running, right?
m
l
Related resources
May 3, 2012 8:17:00 AM

yes they will work with a Euro powersupply. Infact as the voltage stuff is dealt with by the power supply itself I think all you actually need is an adaptor plug.
m
l
May 3, 2012 10:00:03 PM

wr6133 said:
yes they will work with a Euro powersupply. Infact as the voltage stuff is dealt with by the power supply itself I think all you actually need is an adaptor plug.

Actually the 360 PSU only says 110 and 60, no mention of 220 and 50.
Still don't know about the Wii.
m
l
!