Can my computer run wow on high

Mafioso809

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hello, can this build run Wow on high settings, and 55-60fps. if it can't what upgrades would you suggest..

Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz
2 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Foxconn MXP G31 motherboard

JollyJay

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
probably not, i'd suggesting upgrading your graphics card to 'atleast' a GTX 550 ti, and possibly getting another 2 GB of ram if your motherboard can handle it.

This is assuming you'd be playing on 1920x1080 resolution. What resolution will you be using?

Mafioso809

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Okay so everything else is good especially my processor? Yes I plan on running it on that resolution

I was planing to upgrade my mobo and processor to a i5, and atleast 8 gb of RAM. So what if I just upgraded these items will that make a difference?? Or is my video card really that bad?

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Minimum I would go with is an i3 2100 series CPU, 4GB RAM, and 6770 GPU. WoW is quiet a CPU-intensive game, especially in Raids and cities. Recommended upgrades to the things I listed above would be an i5 3570k and 6870 or 560 for GPU.

On high you may not get that much FPS, but even a range of 30-40 FPS in WOW is pretty good to play in. That may be doable with what you have. Plus, if you already have that system, just try it and see what you get. If you are buying something new, that is not a very good pick especially for the CPU and RAM amount.

DM186

Splendid

You might as well upgrade your whole rig. By the time you upgrade everything that has been recommended you will have a new rig. If you want high settings with high frame rates.

Then you need a quad core CPU like a i5 so you can have the 7850's of today and you will alway have the best in that game. Your duel core will get you half of what you want.

The biggest card on the nVidia side is the GTX 550 Ti that you can go with out a bottleneck. On the AMD side I have seen people go to 6850 but that is not always the case. For sure is the 6770.

I tried to look up your mother board and can't find it ones that have the G31 in it but I think you only have two slots for the Ram. And from what I can see is you have one PCIe slot x 16 but I could be wrong. It could be a AGP slot but not sure.

Are you using win 7 or vista or XP? Well go with this You need 4GB of Ram get the 6770 GPU and make sure your PSU is at least a 300w. That is about the best you can do. It still will not be ultra and 60fps. Good luck to you.