Diablo 3 Auction Fees Announced!

JollyJay

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
So guys, here are the fees for the gold and real money auction house!

GOLD -
- Flat 15% fee off sale value (when sold)
- No fee for unsold & no listing fee

Real Money -
- Equipment
- £1 (or dollar/euro) off every sale

- Commodities (Gold, Gems, Materials, Stackables, ETC)
- Flat 15% fee off sale value (when sold)

Blizzard have also announced that players will be able to sell gold on the real money auction house at "current market value determined by players", bearing resemblance to stocks. I would like to hear more from blizzard on how this work, as it sounds like you will be able to buy and sell gold from blizzard with this current system.

As well as this, there is a maximum limit of 10 items per account on the auction house.

EDIT: I remember reading a thread where someone estimated that a gosu lvl 60 unique would be worth in the region of $250,000, Blizzard have capped their real money auction house at a limit of $250 (£250) for the highest asking price which is a bit of a let down!

DISCUSS!

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Taking one of the most anticipated games of the last decade, and turning it into a harbinger for the exploration of alternative revenue under the same concept banner as "F2P" but additonally charging up front for the box AND (I presume) most members of the office being unable to contain their laughter at the knowledge that they have cultivated the perfect player-base to milk $1.00 per digital transaction of fictitious digital ware from.

What's to discuss? Standard Blizzard-Activision game design here.

Unfortunately, they spent so much time nailing down this Real Money Transaction (RMT) auction house, that they forgot to design a game that didn't feel funneled and unbearably linear, simplified, and boring. Won't be buying this game. Would never have believed this if you had told me 10 years ago.

JollyJay

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I will definately be pretty pissed if they allow players to purchase gold from themselves [Blizzard] instead of just other players.

AntaresX

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's only going to be player to player transactions. Blizzard selling gold directly would cause such ridiculous in-game inflation. Even the gold farmers had to work for what they made in games like WoW, keeping the prices manageable. If they could just instantly spawn gold for cash, the value of gold would plummet so fast it would no longer even be worth buying.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
It's unconfirmed if the maximum selling price is 250 yet. Some say that that's the maximum listing price, not the max selling price, and that bids can go as far over that limit as they want. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.