Add A Printer Button non-responsive

alman

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

On a brand new machine when I go to add a local printer
[HP LaserJet 1300] I get no response/action from the
computer [does not start the add printer wizard].

Have tried sfc /scannow. Have stopped and restarted the
Print Spooler Service.
Even when I reboot the computer detects the printer but it
cannot install the printer.

Please help.

Thanks.

This is a USB printer, correct? Install the software BEFORE connecting the
printer.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com