Add A Printer Button non-responsive

On a brand new machine when I go to add a local printer
[HP LaserJet 1300] I get no response/action from the
computer [does not start the add printer wizard].

Have tried sfc /scannow. Have stopped and restarted the
Print Spooler Service.
Even when I reboot the computer detects the printer but it
cannot install the printer.

Please help.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about printer button responsive

    This is a USB printer, correct? Install the software BEFORE connecting the
    printer.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "alman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On a brand new machine when I go to add a local printer
    > [HP LaserJet 1300] I get no response/action from the
    > computer [does not start the add printer wizard].
    >
    > Have tried sfc /scannow. Have stopped and restarted the
    > Print Spooler Service.
    > Even when I reboot the computer detects the printer but it
    > cannot install the printer.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks.

Computers Hewlett Packard Microsoft Printers Windows XP