COD Modern Warfare 3 or BF3 for a noob?

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Played plenty of single player FPS games but am a noob to playing multiplayer.....BF3 sounds amazing but also a little daunting with it's scope..Would COD3 be a better starting point for someone that sucks? Or any other game for that matter. Cheers.

Solution
i like the bf3 campaign more than the mw3, also i have recently moved over from Xbox to pc and got bf3 as soon as i knew my pc would run it, imo i would get bf3 first because for one people don’t care about Kill to death ratio also you can jump into a team death match and after a couple of hours you will have picked it up. Also I don’t really like cod anymore they are purely about money and the games haven’t changed since mw2.
depends on what kind of gameplay you're looking for.

MW3 is pure twich reaction run-and-gun, every man for himself
BF3 is squad based, objective oriented, where to win the round you don't have to get kills

I'd say for a noob try CS:Source, but it's an old game and a lot of mechanics that were in it do not apply to either of the 2 modern titles that you mention. It's kind of objective oriented, but with more accent on aiming and sound. Kind of sad that modern games don't use such to such degree

Robopolo

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Both games have there fair share of "noobs".

BF3 really is a much more "realistic" game than Mw3, but both are really fun.

IMO you cant go wrong with either, it mostly depends on whether you want to run n gun or play a little more strategicly as AnitZig said.

mercer95

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
i like the bf3 campaign more than the mw3, also i have recently moved over from Xbox to pc and got bf3 as soon as i knew my pc would run it, imo i would get bf3 first because for one people don’t care about Kill to death ratio also you can jump into a team death match and after a couple of hours you will have picked it up. Also I don’t really like cod anymore they are purely about money and the games haven’t changed since mw2.

Solution

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

OK I'm sold on that answer!! Cheers! Once I get my new gaming rig it's game on! U think a single 3GB Radeon 7970 GPU and a i5-3570K CPU should handle BF3 on high settings displayed at 1920×1080 resolution?

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Easily. You should be able to play on ultra settings and stay above 60 frames most of the time, even on 64 player multiplayer maps.

That is a beast rig, enjoy BF3 with it! If you ever wanna play, feel free to add me, my username on Origin is the same as on here, "trogdor796". I'm not the best, but it's always fun to team up with someone.

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008

probably ultra

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah thanks. I'm thinking The Witcher 2 and BF3 for my first couple of games. That Metro 2033 looks interesting also.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Ah cheers! Will do! Hopefully I'll be getting my new rig next month. Then it's game on!

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah I'm sold on BF3..I've played all the other COD games and it's time for a change. BF3 does look like it's graphically stunning on the pc too. Cheers.

Mutant_Guy

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2013
Haven't tried BF but COD 4 is fantastic. So i would love to play other COD franchise one by one.
I purchase Graphic card recently. I played COD 4 on my built in graphic card.

I also mostly interested in single player but these days games are mostly developed for multiplayers :(