G

I just got me one of them nice little T-Bird 1000 (200) with AXIA stepping. I'm running 1470 (10 * 147), and i havend even upped the voltage, and crossed the L1 briges yet!!! I advice everybody to get one.... Does anyone else have the same exp. with this cpu or am I a lucky son of a b*@?h.

I Love my Zalman CNPS3100G Cooler.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Looks like you got a good one. If your other components would take it (maybe need to get a 133.266 board) up the FSB, not the multiplier. Your chip will easily hit 133FSB, which even though lower cpuspeed gives 1/3 increase in memory bandwidth. I think you'll notice that much more.

With the right components you should get up to the same speed using the FSB increase and multiplier balance.

Just make sure you get a board that is either fully jumpered, fully bios configurable or both (asus a7v133 for example) otherwise the default chip start speeds might get you.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

I got an AXIA 1.0 ghz 266 and so far I am at 10X140 at default voltage. Great chip for only 156.00 at TCWO.com it did not come unlocked I used locktite window defogger trace paint/resin to connect the L1 briges.

"Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks"

G

I have the A7V133, so oc the FSB shouldn't be a problem. My current limitation must be my RAM, that can't go further than 147 MHz (Apacer Ram). Some PC150 should do the trick. My northbridge is cooled by a orb vga cooler by titan....

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
woohoo! I just bought my 1Ghz Tbird with the AVIA stepping last night (Last one in the store). From what I've heard I only lost about 50Mhz on the overclock so its a sweet deal for me!

However, I'm concerned that this chip was only the 200Mhz FSB version, not the 266. If I crank up my CPU freq to 133 will it work? Oh well, only one way to find out! I bought an A7v133 btw.

G

I can tell you from personal experience that, I haven't seen any difference between the B og C versions of the Athlons. So I don't think the diffence overall i very big. I would go for a B (200) and upped the FSB too 150. Of cause this only goes for the 1000 MHz version....

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
sweet! I went and got myself some really nice ram (Infineon PC133 CAS2 - 256MB) so I'm hoping to hit the 150 Mhz mark, but I'll definately settle for 133 on the CPU bus.

This is going to be such a nice weekend. :p

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
how'd you get an AXIA from tcwo? They won't check the batches for you so was it just good luck or what?

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

G

My AXIA 1000mhz C t-bird went to 1400 with no problem at all- slapped silver on the L1's and its perfect... you wanna get more for your money, get a 1 ghz and up the fsb to 150 no voltage change and run it at 1400 or 1500 or higher if you can, mine posted as high as 1522 but the heat was at 130 so i lowered to 1400. um old post...

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Hey RandyB, do you by any chance live near anywhere near Boston?

- Tempus fugit donec vestrum relictus tripudium. Autem amor praeterea magis pretium.

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I've got an AXIA 1gig 'C' Athlon I apparently I can't cross the bridges correctly. I've tried a mechanical pencil with HB hardness lead, and regular old No. 2 pencils. Any help would be appreciated, 'cept I don't want to void the warranty with conductive pen or window defogger quite yet until I can see how far she'll go.

When I use my bios adjustments (Iwill KK266, most recent bios) I set it at 9.0 x 150, but upon bootup it boots at 8.5 x 150. I have the bios setting for voltage at auto. I do believe that my natural settings are 7.5 x 133. So am I not completley crossing the bridges or am I just going crazy??

G

use the pen luke! if you muck it up, rubbin alcohol will take care of it, in fact *speaking from experience here hehe*, if you fry the chip, you can usually use rubbing alcohol to clean it up really good, then take it back to the store and tell em it's broke, they tell you not to overclock it, you say "I DIDN'T", they tell you that you didn't have proper cooling, you blame them *cuz you bought the cooler from them eheh*, they continue to throw out reasons that you voided your warranty, you shoot them all down, and 27 minutes later, you walk out with a spankin new processor, and remember to be more careful next time. ;)

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Can't wait to join ya all. Getting my AXIA in a couple of days. Got a Thermosonic Thermoengine and Delta fan. Hope my components can take the FSB OC, getting Corsair 150 256 x2. Will do the pen trick too but really want that FSB up too.

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>