I can't "Add a Printer"

I haven't had my printer connected to my computer for
about two months now. I can't remember now what exactly
lead up to my not being able to print, but my ability to
print seemed to evaporate. I tried to uninstall it, and
reinstall it at the time, but was unsuccessful. I ended up
hooking the printer up to my husband's computer, and I've
been having to email everything to that computer.
(right ... i also haven't successfully networked our
computers-but, that's another story!)Anyway!I revisited
the issue today-I opened the printer folder & clicked
on "Add a Printer".There are no printers installed at
all.The response was the same as before: "Operation Could
Not Be Completed!"

Start the Print Spooler, from the command prompt, type

net start spooler
(and hit enter)
www.coribright.com