Anyone Know? Re: OCZ Gladiator HSF

G

Hey,

I just ordered OCZs GLadiator all copper HSF. DOes anyone have any experience withthis model or is it new? Please let me know, I just purchased one to replace my VolcanoII (which sucks)and am awaiting shipment. I am running a TBird 1.333@1.350, and have had the temp hit 156 after an hour or so of UT.

Its big, purple and women love it!(ATX case w/3 coats of purple Krylon and the AMD logo)

Bombastik

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
I have one and it ROCKS! Knocked of 10ºC of my CPU

I'm not using ASII and i'm still using the fan that came with it!

Don't believe blindly in what you hear! - Play safe! Play hard!

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
77.5C???? WOW!

I have a Swiftech370 and Delta fan running my 1.33 @ 1563 (11x142) at 1.85V Temp under load = 44 degrees C (102F)

Pete.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Bombastik

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Yeah that's really high.

I have a stock V2 and i get around 47ºC... and that's with a TB1.1GHz @ 1330Mhz!!!!!

Perhaps the big purple tower isn't helping, no? :)

Don't believe blindly in what you hear! - Play safe! Play hard!

G

dun worry its good i am using it now at 46 deg full load using senfu thermal probe just beside the core mine 1gig@1.4 1.8v 3 120mm casing fans n i havent use the delta fan yet

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Did you receive your HSF from OCZ, yet?

A lot of people at the [H]ARD|OCP.COM Forums have <A HREF="http://www.hardforum.com/search.php?query=ocz&forumchoice=-1&booleanand=yes&searchin=all&searchdate=-1&searchuser=&searchdateline=&exactname=yes&action=dosearch&getdaily=&pagenum=" target="_new">numerous complaints</A> throughout hundreds of posts.

I'm a former OCZ customer, myself, but there are just too many complaints to ignore.

G

Overall, I cant say their service was bad, though not perfect by any means. I called to check the specs on the gladiator to make sure it would handle my OCed 1.333, well they were out of course and my call did NOT get answered within 24 hours. More like 5 days later. But big whippiedoo, the gladiator is an asskickin HSF. Coupled with the copper shim and their version of arctic silver my sped up birdie never gets past 114, even through long torturous hours of UT online late at night. Nothing i've thrown at it will budge it over 114, with the usual being 109 - 112, and that drops to 100 - 104 once you get back to idle. I do have a blowhole over the MB, hitting the proc and voodoo 5 (the heating element in my little oven), a 60MM 36cfm sunon taking frotn intake duties and a nice, open sparkle PSU which sucks the rising heated air from the HSF. My only 2 gripes about the gladiator are as follows.
1) Fins face East/West instead of North/South. This channels some heated air right towards my capacitor array on one side and the DDR on the other. The blowhole pretty much keeps it circulated enough to offset that.
2) This SOB is #(!(!^ LOUD. As is the other fans werent loud enough, this baby elevates my noise level to that of a small window airconditioner. It sometimes drives me crazy but the performance is there, and if ASUS ever releases an A7M266 BIOS revision that allows for multiplier overclocking, I know im covered up to about 1,550.
So YES, I would recommed the OCZ Gladiator, theres nothing like having a block of copper sittin inside your system to keep you frosty. BTW, as for OCZ, they didnt ship my round ATA100 calbes with my shipment, though the site said they had them, the day my package arrived, the website said out of stock. Seems like they should have notified me somehow.
Ive also ordered from nerdsbyte.com and had no trouble at all.

Its big, purple and women love it!(ATX case w/3 coats of purple Krylon and the AMD logo)

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm glad it worked out! If you checked the link I provided you would see some of the nightmares that people are having with OCZ. It's too bad. They have nice product.

114 degrees, darn good for 1.33 Ghz. My Duron, at 1.007 ghz is at the same temperature as I type. I don't have a copper HSF and the CPU is kept toasty by Seti@Home.

Well, enjoy your purchase. We are each one of the lucky ones.