[Help] Having issues with FPS

sunkenau

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Firstly I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, you are welcome to move it.

Okay, so ever since I have been playing swtor I have had nothing but terrible FPS (20-27ish with everything on Low).. This seems very odd to me and a few mates since I can easily run Battlefield 3, Metro 2033 and Starcraft 2 on high settings with no issues.

The following are the details I know about my PC, if you require any additional information, feel free to let me know...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Graphics Card: Gigabyte HD6870 1GB GDDR5
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3
HD: Ocz Agility 3 SSD 120GB
Power Supply: Corsair TX750W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3
Case: HAF X

I have tried on every resolution under the sun, different settings from top to bottom, reset ATI Catalyst to factory defaults, Defrag, clean up of harddrive..

A mate and I run tests and nothing seems to be 'bottlenecking' so to speak, all the temps stay fine. The FPS is terrible like to the point where I have to put everything on bare minimum to even play and it still chugs my system.

The CPU with all 6 cores stays under 30% usage when swtor is up, the memory barely moves and the GPU stays below 60 degrees and 30% usage aswell but yet the performace is terrible..

I appreciate any and all help with this matter.

umm, you say CPU stays under 30%, is that for all cores or cumulative?

I'm fairly sure TOR doesn't care for the fact that you have cores 4 and 5. I'm not even sure if it can use 2 and 3 properly. Check what the usage is on first and last 2 cores. Keep in mind that most of MMOs are CPU heavy because all the actions that happen by other players have to register and get processed by cpu besides all the typical rendering and graphics support that the CPU does for GPU.

Marc_W1771ams

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

Because its an MMO every frame rendered is dependant on information from the server about the location or actions of other player characters in the game.

Or am I overthinking that one.