mailbag48212

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hey all, After two bouts with customer service and follow the "fix" on Enmasse website I get the following errors on these bad files in their download. I have tried several standard installs through the website and DL them separately and installed. After the latest errors unknown file error on applying patch it tried to start the download from scratch although I already have all that mess. I also, used revo uninstaller to wipe all previous installs.

This attempt was with zip files from Enmasse.
C:\UsersAdministrator\Downloads\games_-1to10zip
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z09’. File is broken.
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z12’. File is broken.
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z18’. File is broken.
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z19’. File is broken.
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z24’. File is broken.
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z33’. File is broken.
CRC failed in ‘game_-1to10\Game_-1to 10.z43’. File is broken.

I have game them my diagnostic file and they said everything is ok.
I have not experienced this error with other games ever.
I have tried their auto DL service.
I have tried Direct link DL from Enmasse
I have tried a physical disk.

Other people are playing it and some get this error. No idea how to fix this.

I have 8120
16 gigs of ram
gts 250 latest drivers
800 watt power supply

is this all on the same HDD? if yes, run scandisk and defragment a few times.

CRC check failure means the file is corrupt, whether that happened from bad download or bad copying.

As far as I recall TERA has a space requirement of something like 50Gb, so I wouldn't be surprised when you incur some download issues when getting such huge amount of data. Do they have a torrent option for downloads, a torrent client can often self-check the CRC and redownload any file that it finds wrong.

mailbag48212

Honorable
May 4, 2012
All on one HD, but I have it on my games partition with 400 free gigs. They have not put up a torrent for the DL. The DL was 20gb and another patch afterward. It fails on applying the patch. I don't understand how some can go through the same auto process and get no errors, but I do.

I would run through updating all your drivers, and if you have another HDD available, try putting your files on that (if it works at that point I'd be very cautious with your current HDD as it might run into more problems)

It's hard to say really whether this is caused by something on your PC or bad network. Oh, you also mentioned a DVD? where did this dvd come from?

as far as torrenting, the company themselves probably won't put up a torrent, but google around you might find a torrent for the same files you're trying to download.

what program do you use to get the downloads? do all downloads come in zips? if yes, what program are you using to open the zips?

mailbag48212

Honorable
May 4, 2012
As far as I know all updates are done. I recently had a fresh build. The dvd is the physical copy of the game I bought after I gave up from the DL service.

During install from the Physical copy several files had to be ignored as they did not match the cabfile. The program to download I think was the basic DL service from microsoft. I used 7zip to unload. You have me worried about my HD now...

ok the fact that files from DVD had to be ignored sounds very strange

as is, from the information you're giving me, everything is dandy and nothing could be the problem, so I'm not sure how else to go about figuring out what is causing the data to be corrupt.

mailbag48212

Honorable
May 4, 2012

There is a problem. I was just saying that my system is up to date via auto updates. My bios is new. The ram,PSU,processor, mobo and case are brand new. Bought them a month ago. The graphics card and HD are old.

Their support told me that according to my diagnostic test that they had me run it should be fine.
I have tried to install this game three ways.

Their autoupdater
Their links to rar files that I downloaded and stated above
A physical copy of the game that had some files that had to be ignored.

I am have no idea what the issue is!

Have you asked TERA support why some of the files on the DVD had to be ignored?

zip files being corrupt isn't anything out of the ordinary, it happens, especially if you're using IE as your download manager. All you have to do is redownload the said files, if after multiple downloads you get the same result contact the hoster and inform them that their source zips aren't matching up with their own CRCs.

don't know anything about their autoupdater, so no comment on why that isn't working. Make sure you're running it as admin and it's not blocked in access by your antivirus or firewall.

"Your system is up to date via auto updates" - I'm assuming you mean driver wise and auto updates = windows update? Then no, windows does not bother to check all of your drivers as not all manufacturers distribute their drivers through microsoft. It is your own responsibility to make sure you got the latest software for your hardware.