Valve titles and GPU's...

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
So I was going through some reviews of the GTX570 on newegg and came across this one, apparently from 'Valve' (pg 2 of the reviews in date wise order). See what y'all can make of it:

"Valve
2/11/2012 8:40:26 PM
Tech Level:
Ownership:

Perform Perfectly for Upcoming Titles.

Pros: Well, As you all know, we make games.
We ordered 40 of these for our New Developer Rigs.
We're also happy to announce that our progress will be much more fluent with these new cards.

Cards are exceptionally Cool, and Quite.
Plays very well in SLi.
Fulls frames on all games we could throw at them, And our Upcoming Title...

Thanks Nvidia for this truly Amazing card!

Cons: Power Hog,
Not really a con for us, but we have 40 of them on at nearly all hours.

That's it.

Only 1 of them was DOA; RMA, Super fast replacement.

Other Thoughts: Look for our New Title in the Upcoming months.

Running 2 i7-3690X's for our Rendering Machines.

We're also showcasing one of these in our Lobby soon!

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you?"

Source:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-582&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

THOUGHTS:
1. What are those 'upcoming title(s)?
2. Is Valve favouring nVidia over AMD?
3. Assuming the above to be true, are we to understand that any upcoming title will be maxed with this particular 570?

Views, anyone??

Solution
I doubt it's from Valve. It might just be someone not included in Valve, but more or less, an NVIDIA fanboy... :)
Most liekly HL2: EP3?
Actually, I've seen most of Valve's games favoring AMD/ATi..
3. Assuming the above to be true, are we to understand that any upcoming title will be maxed with this particular 570?
Yes, I'm quite sure a GTX570 can max any source engine game out there. I don't see much of a reason for Source engine game to be much graphically demanding.

I doubt it's from Valve. It might just be someone not included in Valve, but more or less, an NVIDIA fanboy... :)
Most liekly HL2: EP3?
Actually, I've seen most of Valve's games favoring AMD/ATi..
Yes, I'm quite sure a GTX570 can max any source engine game out there. I don't see much of a reason for Source engine game to be much graphically demanding.

Solution
your right valve do favor ati cards, and the often prefer not to use physx...
in most cases i would say the 570 is a good card but i know at least 2 people that have had to RMA there cards multiple times... 2 for heat issues and 1 guy had to get 3 replacements 1 for bios corruption 1 for fan fail and 1 DOA...
he now has a 680 coz he gave up tryin to return the 570 and got it refunded. the supplier gave a full refund plus the pnp charges which they slightly over payed on which gave the lad enough to get a 680...
after hearing this kind of thing i would be weary of buying a 570 as the fail rate does seem pretty high and when you add in the 560ti the fail rate for nvidias femi cards is pretty shocking...
its supposedly in the 15-17% range... for the first year and drops to 12% in the second no 3rd year numbers have been given as the card is less than 3 years old.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Gman450:
HL2:EP3......the biggest mystery of the decade!! No clue whether it will even be released or not!!

HEXiT:
I was totally getting the MSI TwinFrozr III 570 till I read your post! :( Who'd have thought.....the 570 is one kicka** card from the nVidia stable! Even to utilize a 570 for one/ some of them Valve titles would be interesting to see. As for PhySs, didn't they utilize that in HL2:EP2 pretty well?

AntiZig:
All I can say is LMFAO!!! :D