presario 1800 battery?

Can anyone give me a hint on how to remove the battery in a Compaq Presario
1800 notebook computer?

I can see where it is on the right side edge near the front but I cannot se
how to release it from the case.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about presario 1800 battery

    In article <xLWdnesqtfS9lfXcRVn-pQ@comcast.com>, pete.dudley@comcast.net says...
    > Can anyone give me a hint on how to remove the battery in a Compaq Presario
    > 1800 notebook computer?
    >
    > I can see where it is on the right side edge near the front but I cannot se
    > how to release it from the case.
    >
    > Thanks

    If it's like my 1800T, what you see is just a cover. It slides down and comes off (no
    catch), and the battery has a plastic tab to pull it out.

    SteveA

    Try here:

    http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/msgs/1800/
    HH

    "Pete Dudley" <pete.dudley@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone give me a hint on how to remove the battery in a Compaq
    > Presario 1800 notebook computer?
    >
    > I can see where it is on the right side edge near the front but I cannot
    > se how to release it from the case.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thank you. You are exactly right. Now I have the batter with part number
    177458-001.

    I understand there is a great variation in quality for batteries, even some
    that are unsafe.

    Does anyone know a reputable etailer for batteries?

    "Steve A" <sareg-nospam@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    > In article <xLWdnesqtfS9lfXcRVn-pQ@comcast.com>, pete.dudley@comcast.net
    > says...
    >> Can anyone give me a hint on how to remove the battery in a Compaq
    >> Presario
    >> 1800 notebook computer?
    >>
    >> I can see where it is on the right side edge near the front but I cannot
    >> se
    >> how to release it from the case.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > If it's like my 1800T, what you see is just a cover. It slides down and
    > comes off (no
    > catch), and the battery has a plastic tab to pull it out.
    >
    > SteveA

Compaq Battery Presario Computers