WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION??

Last response: in Network Providers
February 11, 2005 6:07:58 PM

WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??

More about : phone reception

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:30:38 AM

EENYC1@AOL.COM wrote:

> WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??

V265

Try NOT USING CAPS!

LB
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:30:39 AM

Caps means that you are yelling and is considered poor usenet etiquette.

Regards,

-mij

<LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:420D785E.CBBAB25E@optonline.net...
> EENYC1@AOL.COM wrote:
>>
>> WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??
>
> V265
>
> Try NOT USING CAPS!
>
> LB
February 12, 2005 3:06:02 AM

EENYC1@AOL.COM wrote:
> WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??

I have one of each in the family. There is no appreciable difference
between the two in my area. The only reason for the v710 is its
Bluetooth capabilities, crippled as they are.

February 12, 2005 1:14:05 PM

I'll try to remember that. I type fast and did not realize I had caps
on, folks need to relax.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 7:27:33 PM

<EENYC1@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??

After many, many years of choosing Motorola phones, I purchased a
Samsung and was amazed at how much better it would lock into a weak
signal at all times. My last two Moto's would not even find a signal in
my town. I am also surprised at how the Motorola construction quality
has dropped since the V60.
The Samsung also has a "whisper mode" that adjusts ear volume even
beyond the manual settings when there is background noise, and also
adjusts the sound of your voice in response to the same.
As a real power user who loves to "take these phones apart" in every
way, I'll be sticking with Samsung for a while.
Just my opinion as a person who buys a new phone every year, and has
used them since the early 80's :)
Good luck.
February 12, 2005 8:28:00 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:27:33 -0500, "Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net>
wrote:

>After many, many years of choosing Motorola phones, I purchased a
>Samsung and was amazed at how much better it would lock into a weak
>signal at all times.

Which model Samsung did you get?

Hunter
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 12:02:34 AM

<LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:420D785E.CBBAB25E@optonline.net...
> EENYC1@AOL.COM wrote:
> >
> > WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??
>
> V265
>
> Try NOT USING CAPS!
>
> LB

He is having reception issues, that is why he is looking for a better phone
(and shouting). (:>)
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 12:52:15 AM

"Hunter" <HHamp5246@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:27:33 -0500, "Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net>
> wrote:
>

>>After many, many years of choosing Motorola phones, I purchased a
>>Samsung and was amazed at how much better it would lock into a weak
>>signal at all times.
>
> Which model Samsung did you get?
>
> Hunter

My Samsung 530 was superb until the day my dog decided to give it a
taste; now using the a670 and equally happy with it in every way.
February 13, 2005 1:16:04 AM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:52:15 -0500, "Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net>
wrote:

>My Samsung 530 was superb until the day my dog decided to give it a
>taste; now using the a670 and equally happy with it in every way.

Okay thanks.... I'll be getting a new one this spring.

Hunter
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 9:05:21 PM

bill@microsoft.com wrote:

> I am suprised anyone recommends Nokia for CDMA -- but maybe they got a
> lot better in the last year.... prior to a few years ago VZW wouldn't
> even carry Nokia they were so bad. (But their GSM stuff is ok... if
> you get one with an antenna.)

Sprint refused to carry Nokia phones for some time, too. Now they have the 6225
and the 3588 -- the 3588 being a Sprint-customized version of the Verizon Nokia
3586/3589.

Apparently, Nokia finally wised up regarding CDMA. Nokia and Sanyo are
recommended often now, over on the Sprint newsgroup, for people looking for
phones that do well with weak signals - and RF issues were a major problem with
CDMA Nokias in the past. Sanyo phones always had a reputation for good RF, but
Nokia phones, well, didn't. ;)

I understand the Nokia phones Verizon is selling are much better now too,
although the last Verizon Nokia phone I owned (the 3285) wasn't anything to
write home about, and suffered from the same problems its kissing cousins (the
6185 and 5185) did.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:12:54 PM

In article <n4uv019qlfpb7b46njr1soap6mkpfnmkav@4ax.com>,
<bill@microsoft.com> wrote:
>I am suprised anyone recommends Nokia for CDMA -- but maybe they got a
>lot better in the last year.... prior to a few years ago VZW wouldn't
>even carry Nokia they were so bad. (But their GSM stuff is ok... if
>you get one with an antenna.)

Actually the recent CDMA Nokias (3585i, 3589i, 6015i) have excellent RF
performance.
February 19, 2005 2:00:48 AM

I checked out the Samsung in the Verizon store and it looked like a nice
phone.

"Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net> wrote in message
> <EENYC1@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> > WHAT PHONE IS BETTER IN RECEPTION?? The motoV265 OR MOTO V710 ??
> >

> After many, many years of choosing Motorola phones, I purchased a
> Samsung and was amazed at how much better it would lock into a weak
> signal at all times. My last two Moto's would not even find a signal in
> my town. I am also surprised at how the Motorola construction quality
> has dropped since the V60.
> The Samsung also has a "whisper mode" that adjusts ear volume even
> beyond the manual settings when there is background noise, and also
> adjusts the sound of your voice in response to the same.
> As a real power user who loves to "take these phones apart" in every
> way, I'll be sticking with Samsung for a while.
> Just my opinion as a person who buys a new phone every year, and has
> used them since the early 80's :)
> Good luck.

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 9:19:41 AM

Although Moto does have its drawbacks, here in southwest VA, some
customers can only get a signal with a 265 or a 710, they are just the
strongest tri modes that VZW sells right now, the nokias also have a
great signal, but those are our go to phones for reception, works like
a charm unless the person lives in a hole.
!