Sign in with
Your question

thickness of HSF fins

Last response: in Overclocking
April 17, 2001 4:34:05 PM

I was just wondering.. which would conduct better,
thick fins or thin fins?

I thinking thin, since you can get then put more fins on the heatsink and have more air moving through it.

What do you guys think?

More about : thickness hsf fins

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 17, 2001 5:12:58 PM

Thin fins is ofcause the best because you get a larger surface area. The larger surface area gives a larger diffusion of heat from the hot material to the air. This is also the reason why it's good to have hsf, because you move the hot air away from the fins.

I Love my Zalman CNPS3100G Cooler.
April 17, 2001 6:50:54 PM

Thin fins work better to a point. That point is the point where they are so thin that air flow is restricted. Generally they don't get that thin anyway.

- Tempus fugit donec vestrum relictus tripudium. Autem amor praeterea magis pretium.
Related resources
April 17, 2001 11:00:40 PM

Hey - on that cooler - what spec will it run? What is your CPU running at and at what temp?

I really like the idea of the 3100(G?) not sure about the G but I've a feeling that my 1.6G Athlon may be too much for it?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 18, 2001 10:10:59 AM

I have a 1000 (200) Athlon (AXIA), running @ 1460. The temp is 45-46 C, when running at full load. I used ACII and have 2 casefans + the one blowing directly on the cooler. The case is open. I havend crossed the L1 bridges yet, and I have the voltage on default. The good thing about the cooler is it makes the PC more silent too. If you wan't better colling, just get a faster fan.... My fan has 2400 rpm and 28,3 dBa.

I Love my Zalman CNPS3100G Cooler.
!