Microsoft Shared Fax on SBS 2003 and Windows XP

I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works well on
the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home machine but
I get a connection error.

HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further

Thanks in advance

Brian
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft shared 2003 windows

    Seems like a good question for an SBS group.
    How is Windows XP Fax in play here?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Brian Gallagher" <bgallagher@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works well
    on
    > the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home machine
    but
    > I get a connection error.
    >
    > HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Brian

    Thought it must be XP as the shared device is visible for XP machine and can
    be installed however once installed the XP machine says one or more fax
    printer is inaccessible.

    However the server is running fine. I will also add this to the SBS 2003
    board to see if I get any joy!

    Thanks in advance
    Brian

    > Seems like a good question for an SBS group.
    > How is Windows XP Fax in play here?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Brian Gallagher" <bgallagher@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works
    well
    > on
    > > the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home machine
    > but
    > > I get a connection error.
    > >
    > > HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Brian

    Windows XP Fax can serve as a client for SBS shared Fax. If that's what you
    used, there are a number of standard update and repair procedures disabled
    the Fax Monitor in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were
    fixed in Service Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 if you notice this problem.
    The following may also apply:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
    computer
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
    Internet Security

    --
    > Thought it must be XP as the shared device is visible for XP machine and
    can
    > be installed however once installed the XP machine says one or more fax
    > printer is inaccessible.
    >
    > However the server is running fine. I will also add this to the SBS 2003
    > board to see if I get any joy!
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Brian
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > Seems like a good question for an SBS group.
    > > How is Windows XP Fax in play here?
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "Brian Gallagher" <bgallagher@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works
    > well
    > > on
    > > > the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home
    machine
    > > but
    > > > I get a connection error.
    > > >
    > > > HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance
    > > >
    > > > Brian

Windows XP Fax SBS 2003 Microsoft Servers