Microsoft Shared Fax on SBS 2003 and Windows XP

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Fax
  • SBS 2003
  • Microsoft
  • Servers
June 7, 2004 12:29:57 AM

I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works well on
the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home machine but
I get a connection error.

HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further

Thanks in advance

Brian

More about : microsoft shared fax sbs 2003 windows

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 12:29:58 AM

Seems like a good question for an SBS group.
How is Windows XP Fax in play here?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Brian Gallagher" <bgallagher@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works well
on
> the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home machine
but
> I get a connection error.
>
> HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Brian

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 9:51:46 AM

Thought it must be XP as the shared device is visible for XP machine and can
be installed however once installed the XP machine says one or more fax
printer is inaccessible.

However the server is running fine. I will also add this to the SBS 2003
board to see if I get any joy!

Thanks in advance
Brian

> Seems like a good question for an SBS group.
> How is Windows XP Fax in play here?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Brian Gallagher" <bgallagher@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I have an sbs 2003 server running shared fax. The fax service works
well
> on
> > the server. I install the shared fax as a printer on a XP Home machine
> but
> > I get a connection error.
> >
> > HELP! I spent hours on this and still can't get any further
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Brian

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 9:51:47 AM

Windows XP Fax can serve as a client for SBS shared Fax. If that's what you
used, there are a number of standard update and repair procedures disabled
the Fax Monitor in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were
fixed in Service Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 if you notice this problem.
The following may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security

--

!