Preview faxes

June 6, 2004 6:46:03 PM

I used to be able to preview faxes. I use Windows XP home edition.

Now when I want to preview, it opens with PhotoSuite 3, and then it says it cannot open the file. Help.

More about : preview faxes

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 9:06:28 PM

Most often, this problem arises because some other imaging application that
you installed has set itself as the default viewer for TIF files. To view
faxes from the Fax Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must be your
default viewer for TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in Windows
Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users the command line
should read:

"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

!