Batman Arkham city lagging

G

i have the new Batman Arkham city and its lagging at some points while both of my GPU's are at 30 to 40%. Im also only using about 40% of my cpu and none of the cores are even closed to maxed out. my set up is:

8 gb ram : G.SKILL DDR3 1600 with a cas latency of 6-8-6-24

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz over clocked to about 3.8GHz

ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3

2 crossfired radeon 5850's. one is from MSI and the other DIAMOND

Intel 320 Series SSD and three Caviar Blue drives

750W Antec power supply

I also use 2 1080p monitors if that has any effect

What exactly is slowing down my system?!?!?!

deckwrecker

Honorable
May 6, 2012
The settings are all the way up, and yes I know that turning them down will fix the problem. But the only thing the confuses me is that if the system can’t support the game then why aren't the gpu's or the cpu maxed out. I guess what I’m really trying to figure out is the weakest link in my system. I’m also just surprised that I can’t run this game on max settings when I can run games like crysis and metro 2033 on max settings. Could the crossfire drivers on batman arkham city just not be very good? Especially since i have two different radon 5850 graphic cards?

deckwrecker

Honorable
May 6, 2012
I'm using the most recent amd drivers, but over the years i have had a lot of trouble with the drivers. i found that on most new games have a lot of bugs in the drivers until the next update. sometimes one gpu will go to 100% while the other one wont go over 50%. And yes even on DX11. I get around 40-50 fps. why? would you not expect this system to be able to run that? i do have everything OC pretty highly. I did open up metro 2033 and found that i had Anti analyzing on AAA in stead of MLAA. But it runs that ok most of the time as well. But then the gpu's never go to 100%. The stay around 60 to 70%

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
You said that you didn't have time to fix it but believe me,the fix is not that long.:) First,update the game completely.Then, install this - AMD Catalyst application profiles 12.4 CAP 1 and at last,apply the fix.Then please post your results.
And ,am asking you to install application profiles coz I remember reading that performance for both DX9 and DX11 versions of Batman Arkham City were improved by installing CAP in the release notes.I don't remember the exact version of application profiles in which it was released but don't worry,all previous improvements are included in the latest version. :)