ABIT KT7A-Raid & ATHLON 1.2 with 266 fsb

G

I just built a new machine with the ABITkt7A - raid, and Tbird 1.2mhz and 266 FSB, after setting up hardware, on the softmenu if i select 133/33 with 9x multiplier it wont work, after trying it a few times i had VGA problems and now my processor aint working, why is this? it would work only if i choose 100/33 with 12X multiplier. isnt the "A" suppose to stand for 266 fsb support?

frombadtraverse

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
If you have it on 133/33 then the Dram Clock should be set at Host Clk not Hclk+PCIclk. The memory runs at 133 with Hclk and 166 (133+33, probably too much) with Hclk+Pciclk.

G

Thanks for the reply dude but my problem right now is when i turn on the comp it powers on but no signal is sent to the monitor so i cant do much anymore :( i tried reseting the cmos jumper but still nada but my processor looks a-ok physically though. Any more suggestions?

frombadtraverse

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Just got home from work. Try holding the insert key during boot, makes it boot with the defaults. Alternately try 4 resets in a row about a second apart. Also, the CMOS will not clear if your powersupply has a standby 5v. and you do not unplug it from the wall. Just trying to cover most of the bases.

G

I know exactly what you're saying...basically you'll have to jump your cmos...i'm trying to see what exactly it takes to get around that, i think it might have something to do with chaning the voltage too....when i find out i'll post something on it

G

you could also unplug from mains and remove the motherboard battery for a few seconds

cheers

G

Thanks for replyin guys! Im gonna try out all those you suggested tomorrow. I just got back from a great beach party to kick of the summer here in cebu, atleast i had a chance to get this off my head for a while and fill my body with beer! Cheers! i will keep you posted on tomorrow's results! :)

G

Finally i just changed my processor to a new athlonc 1.2 with 266fsb, this time it would work with my abit so i figured this is an abit problem. I changed my board to a REDFOX M7MIA, you can check it out on this website www.redfox-online.com so far everything seems to be workin alright except for everything suddenly shutting dow, now im in the process of investigating my heatsinkfan, i was using a coolermaster CB5-5G12 but i think i need a bigger one.

G

There is a catch to it. There is CMOS that needs to be discharged. It is a small jumper on your motherboard which needs to be placed on clear cmos and then back to normal. Otherwise you will not be able to power up your system.