lpt & com ports are missing from divice mgr

June 7, 2004 5:51:10 PM

My lpt and com ports are missing from the device manager.
This happened one day when I discovered the printer
wasn't working. I've forced a page to print from c-
prompt. This worked fine. I double checked it says the
ports are operating properly. When I try to re-install
the printer drivers, it goes all the way to the end and
then says could not locate the port for the printer.
Please HELP!! Thanks!
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 6:02:51 PM

Are they enabled in the BIOS?