HP 4110 All in One Printer software won't load

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Software
  • Windows XP
June 7, 2004 7:41:03 PM

I bought a HP 4110 All In One printer recently but the software which came with the printer won't load even up to the Install Wizard stage. I have tried loading it under the Diagnostic Startup and it worked to a point, but the installation was incomplete and the printer did not work. Also the printer does not show up under the View Printers screen in the Control Panel. Also, now I cannot uninstall the files which were loaded under the Diagnostic Startup mentioned above. Can anyone offer any advice?

More about : 4110 printer software load

June 8, 2004 10:19:49 PM

I HATE printers that don't work out of the box! I'd check the HP website
for information concerning your problem. If you find nothing appropriate,
make a call to HP customer support. When all else fails, take/send the
printer back to the vendor.
HP should be able to tell you how to:
Remove the residual files
Obtain any necessary software (Web site or replacement CD)
Successfully install the printer

"Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I bought a HP 4110 All In One printer recently but the software which came
with the printer won't load even up to the Install Wizard stage. I have
tried loading it under the Diagnostic Startup and it worked to a point, but
the installation was incomplete and the printer did not work. Also the
printer does not show up under the View Printers screen in the Control
Panel. Also, now I cannot uninstall the files which were loaded under the
Diagnostic Startup mentioned above. Can anyone offer any advice?
June 9, 2004 2:18:01 PM

Thanks Chuck. I did call HP support - first they thought the CD ROM was corrupted and sent me a new one but the same problem occurred. Finally researching this myself by going to the HP website, I think the problem is this: I currently use a Lemark Z42 printer and there is a Lexmark driver (Lexbceserver) which ties up the printspoole.exe file and therefore the HP software cannot load. Uninstalling the software for the Lexmark does not work as the Lexmark driver still remains in the system. Other solutions offered by the HP website also does not work except for one which I haven't tried as it is very complicated and involves using the registry editor and changing various register keys. I am afraid to do this as I may be wrong about what the cause of the problem is and screw up my system.