Promise Ultra 133 on an old Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series to..

I've installed a fast 7200rpm ATA 133 Maxtor disk in my Compaq Deskpro EP/SB
Series, but the transfer is very slow. Will it help tom install a Promise Ultra
ATA133 card to speed up the access?

Afaik the Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series is ATA 33.

So I am under the impression it should make a difference.

Thanks in advance for your answer !

Unless you're running a disk intensive application, you throttled by the
processor, memory, bus, etc., of an old machine.

Tom