Onboard or cheap card

Bough a Asus Essentio CG5275-AR003 PC with onboard Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 graphics. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT video card. Whch would be better to run?
4 answers Last reply
More about onboard cheap card
  1. I would go with the NVIDIA. If nothing else it will free up the System Memory that the Onboard Intel will require. Intel is not known for its amazing graphics solutions.
  2. The NVIDIA one will be the best option, even if you're not going to be gaming, there's a lot of performance difference that will show in Windows especially with GPU intensive tasks.
  3. I'll be the contrarian and say that the onboard chipset will be perfectly adequate if you're just running standard desktop applications like browsing, e-mail, office apps, and even simple photo or video editing. None of those tasks, even with Aero turned on, requires a particularly fast or sophisticated GPU these days.

Gaming is another matter though, at least if you're going beyond the dead-simple stuff like Solitaire, FreeCell, etc.
  4. As you already have the NVidia card, why not try with the on board graphics and then with the NVidia? That way you will be able to make an informed descision as to which is best for your needs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Asus Intel Graphics Windows 7