SuperDuper931

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hey all!

So I would like to start off by saying that my favorite city builder of all time, Tropico 3, is starting to lose its novelty. So, to sate my desire for a new city builder game, I started searching around the internet for a new one. After searching for a while, I found three games that I am interested in, but I can't decide as to which one I should purchase. The prospective games are:

1) Anno 2070 (I tried this game and loved it, but it seemed a bit "glitchy." It may have been the version I had, though.)
2) Settlers 7 (I have never played a Settlers game but heard they are like the Stronghold series with more strategy.)
3) Tropico 4 (I was really looking forward to this game but I have heard it plays just like the 3rd one.)

Any suggestions on which to buy from people who have played these games would be most helpful!

Off topic: Anyone hear of digital distributor called Onlinekeystore? I was thinking about purchasing any of these games from them seeing as they were cheaper than the copies on Steam.

Solution
Hello,
I can only give you feedback on Anno 2070, as it's the only game I've played out of the ones you listed.

about the game itself, it looks absolutely wonderful, the bloom effects make it look very fancy and serene. The game mechanics are very addicting and you can easily spend 4-6-8hrs glued to the monitor without even thinking of getting up (conveniently developers considered that and the game lets you know every 2 consecutive hours that you've been playing for that long and suggest you have a break )
The developer besides making a nice game and gameplay also thought about replayability and there's a lot of extra content in the game besides main campaign and multiplayer. There's achievements, single missions, monthly events...
Hello,
I can only give you feedback on Anno 2070, as it's the only game I've played out of the ones you listed.

about the game itself, it looks absolutely wonderful, the bloom effects make it look very fancy and serene. The game mechanics are very addicting and you can easily spend 4-6-8hrs glued to the monitor without even thinking of getting up (conveniently developers considered that and the game lets you know every 2 consecutive hours that you've been playing for that long and suggest you have a break )
The developer besides making a nice game and gameplay also thought about replayability and there's a lot of extra content in the game besides main campaign and multiplayer. There's achievements, single missions, monthly events, daily quests, continuous game mode with ark storage. All in all, there's so much to do that it will keep you captivated for a long time if you wish to achieve all the little things the game has to offer.

I've already sunk over 50hrs into the game and I am still discovering new things in game.

If you like the genre, it's a really good game in my opinion.

Solution

SuperDuper931

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

Hey, thanks for the reply! It is really good to know that it is an in-depth game with lots of content; that is exactly what I want from a game in that genre. Did you experience any major glitches in the game, or was it very stable?

I personally have experienced zero problems with the game. My few friends that played the game with me complained about occasional thing or two, but it sounded to me like it was their computer running slow rather than a problem with the game.

Another thing that's a bit annoying is the game is picky about connections between players, you have to make sure all the firewalls and anything that might block the connection is opened. I didn't look much in depth on this issue either, because connection issues was always an issue between my friends and not between me and either of them. As I cannot vouch for what the hell they are running on their system or the quality of their ISP, I'm leaving the connectivity problems to that, and not the game.

So, long story short, I have not experienced any problems with the game.