HP psc 2175 and usb print server

garry

I use Win XP in a home network and have an HP psc 2175
printer. I can use this printer when it is plugged into the
USB port but when I go through the procedure to conect it
to a Hawking USB print server I get to the part where it
says Install Printer Software. I can find the HP but it
does not have the psc 2175. The closest that it has is the
psc 950.
What can I do to put this printer on my network?

Thanks

Ed

Hi Garry,

I'm in the exact same boat, but using a Linksys WPS54GU2 wireless
print server paired with the psc 2175.

I'll post if I find anything out.

-Ed

"Garry" <gtpighin@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<1983e01c44d0c$15176ea0$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> I use Win XP in a home network and have an HP psc 2175
> printer. I can use this printer when it is plugged into the
> USB port but when I go through the procedure to conect it
> to a Hawking USB print server I get to the part where it
> says Install Printer Software. I can find the HP but it
> does not have the psc 2175. The closest that it has is the
> psc 950.
> What can I do to put this printer on my network?
>
> Thanks

Ed

Hi Gary,

I called HP tech support today and they gave me the hack.
Just use HP Deskjet 550c for network printing.

550c is the generic print driver that should work for all HP printers
that don't otherwise show a specific print driver.

It worked like a charm on every machine in my network. (they were all
WinXP, btw)

"Garry" <gtpighin@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<1983e01c44d0c$15176ea0$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> I use Win XP in a home network and have an HP psc 2175
> printer. I can use this printer when it is plugged into the
> USB port but when I go through the procedure to conect it
> to a Hawking USB print server I get to the part where it
> says Install Printer Software. I can find the HP but it
> does not have the psc 2175. The closest that it has is the
> psc 950.
> What can I do to put this printer on my network?
>
> Thanks

garry

I have tried to use the 990C disk jet and it works but I
can only use the printer to print and cannot use the scan.

garry

Is there any print server that will work with th psc 2175