Sign in with
Your question

Computer Specs

Last response: in Video Games
May 7, 2012 3:31:57 AM

Hey. I wanna get into PC gaming, I just dont know anything about it. Would these specs run games like The Old Republic, MineCraft, and Skyrim??

PROCESSOR 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M (3MB Cache, up to 3.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit edit
MEMORY 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz edit
HARD DRIVE 500GB 7,200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s edit
VIDEO CARD 1 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™ edit
LCD PANEL 14.0" High Def (720p/1366x768) with WLED backlight edit
WIRELESS CARDS Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 With Bluetooth 4.0
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW

I really appreciate any input and suggestions to other Laptops. I have a 12-1500 hundred dollar budget

More about : computer specs

May 7, 2012 3:58:20 AM

Are you stuck with kind of "Notebook"? Because what I can advice you is you better spent that budget into desktop, that 1500 hundred dollar will give you insane specs.

Into the laptop thingy, what I heard might be MSI notebook one that build purposely for games
m
l
May 7, 2012 7:35:17 AM

Yes, they would...and at high settings, too. However, the issue with notebooks is that you can't upgrade them in the same way as you can desktops, so if you find you get into PC gaming it is an expensive way to do it. Unless you're having to go with a notebook for personal reasons, I'd also recommend building a desktop (or getting a pre-built, if building isn't your cup of tea). Not only will your money go further, but when that new game comes out in 3 years time and your existing system can't run it, you can just upgrade the GPU and happily crack on.
m
l
!