Deskjet 880C seen as new hardware at startup

I have a Dell 4400 with XP Home (SP1) and all up to date drivers. 1st
printer is HP Deskjet 1220C on USB001; I have had to re-install my previous
HP Deskjet 880C on LPT1 because 1220C won't print on card (for business
cards).

System Information sees both printers OK; Device Manager doesn't see either;
when system starts up, 880C is reported as new hardware, and wizard is
started, which I 'Cancel'.

Any way out of this?

TIA

Stewart

Shows that the 880c isn't installed correctly. Uninstall and reinstall.
www.coribright.com

"puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell 4400 with XP Home (SP1) and all up to date drivers. 1st
> printer is HP Deskjet 1220C on USB001; I have had to re-install my
previous
> HP Deskjet 880C on LPT1 because 1220C won't print on card (for business
> cards).
>
> System Information sees both printers OK; Device Manager doesn't see
either;
> when system starts up, 880C is reported as new hardware, and wizard is
> started, which I 'Cancel'.
>
> Any way out of this?
>
> TIA
>
> Stewart

Cari,

Thanx for reply; don't understand step 4 - what toolbar?

"Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Shows that the 880c isn't installed correctly. Uninstall and reinstall.
> http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20One.htm
> www.coribright.com
>
> "puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Dell 4400 with XP Home (SP1) and all up to date drivers. 1st
> > printer is HP Deskjet 1220C on USB001; I have had to re-install my
> previous
> > HP Deskjet 880C on LPT1 because 1220C won't print on card (for business
> > cards).
> >
> > System Information sees both printers OK; Device Manager doesn't see
> either;
> > when system starts up, 880C is reported as new hardware, and wizard is
> > started, which I 'Cancel'.
> >
> > Any way out of this?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Stewart

The normal one at the top of the screen, that says:

File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help.

Click on the word FILE. You'll see Server Properties here.
--
Cari
> Cari,
>
> Thanx for reply; don't understand step 4 - what toolbar?

> "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Shows that the 880c isn't installed correctly. Uninstall and reinstall.
>> http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20One.htm
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a Dell 4400 with XP Home (SP1) and all up to date drivers. 1st
>> > printer is HP Deskjet 1220C on USB001; I have had to re-install my
>> previous
>> > HP Deskjet 880C on LPT1 because 1220C won't print on card (for business
>> > cards).
>> >
>> > System Information sees both printers OK; Device Manager doesn't see
>> either;
>> > when system starts up, 880C is reported as new hardware, and wizard is
>> > started, which I 'Cancel'.
>> >
>> > Any way out of this?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > Stewart

Sorry for being thick - what application are you in when you see this
toolbar?

> The normal one at the top of the screen, that says:
>
> File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help.
>
> Click on the word FILE. You'll see Server Properties here.
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
> "puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
> > Cari,
> >
> > Thanx for reply; don't understand step 4 - what toolbar?

> > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> >> Shows that the 880c isn't installed correctly. Uninstall and
reinstall.
> >> http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20One.htm
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
> >> previous

> >> either;

When you do step 3 you will be in the PRINTER & FAXES window. At the top of
that window there is a tool bar, (it will not say tool bar, thats just what
it's known for) it will be recognized with the words FILE, EDIT, VIEW,
FAVORITES, TOOLS, HELP. You click on FILE and a drop down list will appear
and you choose server properties like step 4 says.

Does that help ya....

> Sorry for being thick - what application are you in when you see this
> toolbar?

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > The normal one at the top of the screen, that says:
> >
> > File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help.
> >
> > Click on the word FILE. You'll see Server Properties here.
> > --
> > Cari
> > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> > www.coribright.com
> > "puzzled" <ascraig@ntlworldNOSPAMTHANX.com> wrote in message
> > > Cari,
> > >
> > > Thanx for reply; don't understand step 4 - what toolbar?

> > > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> reinstall.

1st
> business