New Hardware Wizard

XP Pro, Canon S600 printer. Previously had printer
installed through router/print server. All worked well.
Now have new router and need to install printer back to
desktop. Uninstalled all previous per driver and printers
per "coribright" including the drivers tab. Got new driver
from Canon website. With printer off, ran Canon driver set
up and all seems to work well until instructed to turn on
printer. Then - Found New Hardware Wizard pops up and says
error occurred "the system cannot find the file specified."
Only option is to "finish." Cannot cancel the wizard and
cannot finish the installation. Tried ignoring and
rebooting and each time wizard pops up.

You said you had printer off. Did you disconnect the printer from the
computer like Cari's web site says?

"Robert C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP Pro, Canon S600 printer. Previously had printer
> installed through router/print server. All worked well.
> Now have new router and need to install printer back to
> desktop. Uninstalled all previous per driver and printers
> per "coribright" including the drivers tab. Got new driver
> from Canon website. With printer off, ran Canon driver set
> up and all seems to work well until instructed to turn on
> printer. Then - Found New Hardware Wizard pops up and says
> error occurred "the system cannot find the file specified."
> Only option is to "finish." Cannot cancel the wizard and
> cannot finish the installation. Tried ignoring and
> rebooting and each time wizard pops up.

Yes - printer cable was disconnected. Canon's setup software has three steps: first, connect the printer cable. second, turn on the printer. third, wait for the software to fine the printer port. As soon as I turn the printer on - the new hardware wizard pops up and I cannot finish the install.