Nathan

I need to extend the time that the fax program in XP
attempts to send a fax. Currently it tries for one minute
and then disconnects if unsuccessful. I find that
sometimes too short, if the receiving end is a
combination home phone and fax you often have to wait
until the answering machine picks up- until the message
finishes- until it gives its series of beeps; this can go
over a minute.

You can do that by following these steps:-

1) Go to the device manager. (Launch devmgmt.msc)
2) Go to the Modem node, and select you modem.
3) Right-Click and select the "Properties" menu option.
4) In the Properties page go to the "Advanced" taband click the "Change
Default Preferences" button.
5) In the "default preferences" window on the "General" Pane and change the
value of "Cancel the call if not connected within" from 60 secs to what you
wish to.

--
Mayuri Diwan

purposes only.'