windows XP fax device

I am trying to send a fax from sydney to queensland and
whilst the fax is dialling and connecting with the fax at
the other end (or so it sounds like) it is not sending my
fax and coming up with "Fatal Error"
Does anyone have any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows device

    Unfortunately, Windows XP Fax has proven to be incompatible with many common
    modems and drivers, particularly older ones, even if the manufacturers claim
    they are "compatible" with Windows XP. Modem incompatibility is not apparent
    during installation or the initial setup. It only becomes apparent when you
    first try to send or receive a fax. The Fax Service will dial or will answer
    an incoming fax but then fail with any of a number of unhelpful error
    messages such as "Line is busy," "There is no answer," or "Reception error."
    There will be nothing in Event Viewer to give a clue as to where the problem
    might lie.

    These errors have been nearly impossible to track down. To do so requires
    enabling both PSS and debug logging of fax transmissions, both of which
    require fairly extensive registry changes. For the time being, the best
    advice is to attempt to use XP Fax only if you have a modem that is listed
    on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and using the latest drivers.

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "nick" <kcannick@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > I am trying to send a fax from sydney to queensland and
    > whilst the fax is dialling and connecting with the fax at
    > the other end (or so it sounds like) it is not sending my
    > fax and coming up with "Fatal Error"
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fax Devices Windows XP