o/c p3 800

G

hey i was wondering if there is any point to overclocking my p3 800eb? if so how? i have the 815e chipset mb...
thanks for the help
keepin it real
Lil C

dragon

Of course there is !!! You get a higher fsb which overclocks everything a little. You won't get a very high cpu overclock but the extra memory bandwidth it gives to the video card and cpu is allways good. All of your busses will be faster.
And it's free speed.

I aint signing nothing!!!

G

Sure take it to 150... Won't do any harm. SHould have 150MHz RAM if you have problems. You'll notice slighty degraded sound card performance and perhaps LAN card. Well [-peep-] all of your PCI cards could go whacky, but give it a try.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
150 will get you to 900, and probably will not affect your cards at all, as they will only run 37MHz PCI and 74MHz AGP, and most PCI cards can handle at least 38MHz. You will probably need to back down your memory timing-if your RAM works at Cas2 right now, set it to Cas3 in BIOS. And you will probably need to rasie your core voltage .05v from what it is now.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

volton

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
I can get 800eb@1002 after dropping the mem ratio down to 100 and uping the voltage to 1.80v.Need good cooling but.
Stable for 1 day but dropped it back to 960 .

" overclocking = better value "

G

but how do i do that??? i cant get to that stuff in the bios??? it wont let me :(
any software you guys have (win2k) thanks

dragon

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
why would you drop your memory down to 100? Generally you'll get better real world peformance with a faster memory bus than just a faster cpu.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

i know how to get into the bios, but it wont let me change the bus speed or any of the good stuff!!!!
whats goin on????????????
thanks
-->i tried setting the jumber to recovery and that didnt do shiaz

keepin it real

dragon

volton

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
To bring up the memory performance i uped the cas to 2.And

the mem is at 125mhz i think not 100.

" overclocking = better value "