new cartridge EPSON wont recognize

Musta done this a dozen times and no problem but just
poped in a black cartridge and epson C60 wont recognize it
no matter what. Using USB connnection and win xp. Epson
no help so far, nor their help yerself site.
Basically window pops up and says I M out of ink install
new cartridge. My colors are only half empty.
TIA for any help!!!!
Lary
2 answers Last reply
More about cartridge epson wont recognize

    Is this a genuine Epson cartridge or a generic one?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Musta done this a dozen times and no problem but just
    > poped in a black cartridge and epson C60 wont recognize it
    > no matter what. Using USB connnection and win xp. Epson
    > no help so far, nor their help yerself site.
    > Basically window pops up and says I M out of ink install
    > new cartridge. My colors are only half empty.
    > TIA for any help!!!!
    > Lary

    Epson uses a "chip" to tell the printer what the ink level "should be",
    based upon usage, cleaning, etc. The true ink level has no bearing on your
    problem.
    http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/arc.html
    This is a link to one of the possible solutions.
    "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Musta done this a dozen times and no problem but just
    > poped in a black cartridge and epson C60 wont recognize it
    > no matter what. Using USB connnection and win xp. Epson
    > no help so far, nor their help yerself site.
    > Basically window pops up and says I M out of ink install
    > new cartridge. My colors are only half empty.
    > TIA for any help!!!!
    > Lary

Epson Microsoft Windows XP