GRA IV Lag Spike (Not a H/W issue)

korpsicle

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Before you all start shouting that it's my CPU / GPU, I'm running on a AMD FX-8120, Radeon 687X 2GB, 8GB Ram on a OCZ Agility SSD.

My problem, is after about 15 seconds of game rendering, my FPS drop from 60 to an unplayable 3-10 and doesn't deviate.

Is there something I'm missing here? :pfff:

Inb4 yes it's a legit copy.

DM186

Splendid
Sound like you have done this before? Nice 8 core CPU and not a bad 6870 GPU either. With both of those as match you should be getting good fram rates. I am sorry I don't know the game your are having problems with.

I kown hardwear and how it works with games. Your SSD do you just have your OS on it or are you running your game on it or both? What is your PSU brand and watts? I take it the H/W means Heat and I don't know W?

Souds like something is throttling down for it to show 60fps then in 15 seconds show 3-10. So there is a issue with one or two pieces of hardwear. So I don't look stupid what more can you tell us what have you done and how are all your readings besides FPS?

Get back to us and if not me I know a few other gents on here will be able to help because of time differences.

korpsicle

Honorable
May 8, 2012
No mods, I was just trying to get the game to work. I'm sitting on a Corsair 850 Watt PSU, and my OS and game are both loaded on it, for some reason the game installed weird, so deleting it as well as all related registry files and re installing a fresh image worked.

Nevermind, thanks anyway for the assistance :)