Can't print from win98 box that xp is connected to

Hi all,
I have a Xerox phaser 8200 printer connected to a windows 98 box via
usb. I am trying to print from an Xp connected on the same workgroup.
I talked with Xerox and the gave me this link.
http://www.xerox.com/office/out98kb/,case=83267

I installed the Microsoft patch, and I still can't get the 98 box to
print for my Xp box. I have no problems seeing each computer in the
network neiborhood. Before I installed the patch, no error would come
up, it just wouldn't print, now whatever app I'm trying to print from
will just close and go into send error report mode.

Any Ideas or troubleshooting hints would be helpfull.

How is the printer on the XP computer defined? That is, did you add it as a
Local Printer or a Network Printer?

See if the information at http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterNoPP.htm
helps. Note that Windows 98 does not have the concept of Additional
Drivers, so the technique described there applies to this situation also.
Using a driver that is not designed and built for Windows XP on XP will
almost always cause all manner of problems. If you haven't already, try
downloading and using the driver from
http://www.office.xerox.com/cgi-bin/DriverD.pl?printer_type=8200.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing

"John s." <chopper@webskulker.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a Xerox phaser 8200 printer connected to a windows 98 box via
> usb. I am trying to print from an Xp connected on the same workgroup.
> I talked with Xerox and the gave me this link.
> http://www.xerox.com/office/out98kb/,case=83267
>
> I installed the Microsoft patch, and I still can't get the 98 box to
> print for my Xp box. I have no problems seeing each computer in the
> network neiborhood. Before I installed the patch, no error would come
> up, it just wouldn't print, now whatever app I'm trying to print from
> will just close and go into send error report mode.
>
> Any Ideas or troubleshooting hints would be helpfull.

Worked like a charm, thanks for the input!!!