Armada M700 blank screen

The laptop was given to me and the screen has never worked. The 15pin
VGA though works fine. Anyone ever had to fix the video chip? Any
insight or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

bigsley
3 answers Last reply
More about armada m700 blank screen

    bigsley <bigsley> wrote in

    > The laptop was given to me and the screen has never worked. The
    > 15pin VGA though works fine. Anyone ever had to fix the video
    > chip? Any insight or info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > bigsley

    On a laptop the wiring between base unit and screen flexes across the
    lid hinge. Suggest you look for a faulty wire(s) in that area first.

    Ok. Reseated the display wires and turned it on. The screen comes on,
    but appears reddish, then goes blank after ~20 seconds. There didnt
    appear to be any damage inside that I could see. The graphics chip
    should be ok I would think if the VGA display was good. Could it be
    the wire that connects to the screen? Or possible the screen itself?
    Thanks for your help.

    bigsley

    > Ok. Reseated the display wires and turned it on. The screen
    > comes on, but appears reddish, then goes blank after ~20
    > seconds. There didnt appear to be any damage inside that I could
    > see. The graphics chip should be ok I would think if the VGA
    > display was good. Could it be the wire that connects to the
    > screen? Or possible the screen itself? Thanks for your help.
    >
    > bigsley

    Sounds like you're on the right track. I'd keep looking for wiring
    problems.

Compaq Laptops Computers