CoolIT Teaming with Corsair on New Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I think instead of cables to connect the devices, they should have implemented some form of wireless, because every part that reports any statistics uses power.

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]h50 and h70 are completely CRAP. is h60 going to be any different?[/citation]

I have an H50 and I really like it, super quiet so THERE

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
h50 and h70 are good for twhat they are... the are comparable to some high end air coolers (though you can get better performance on some high end air), but they are fairly quiet and easy to install... i'd disagree with sayign they are crap, but i wouldn't call them real water cooling, just a decent cooler .. i'd rather keep my 212+ though

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
^Right...but the H50 is known for leaking and pump failure...at least the H70 seems to have held up better. Regardless, they each perform like high end air coolers, but at 2x the cost.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rubix_1011[/nom]By golly, that sure made me a believer. Your 'incredible' opinion of the H50 likely is reliant on the sole fact that you have no idea how well real watercooling performs.[/citation]
Real watercooling parts put you at about a $200 buy-in for mediocre parts.....$400 for a top end loop

for $70 they do pretty dam well

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
For less cost, high-end air coolers will perform the same.

My point is that for the cost, they are worthless. At the price of the H70, you could spend a few more bucks and get an actual watercooling intro kit that would net much better temps.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I think instead of cables to connect the devices, they should have implemented some form of wireless, because every part that reports any statistics uses power.[/citation]

That would make this case a perfect jamming device for wireless connections.Also, They will not reserve a frequency for the sole purpose of monitoring case vitals.But it's a very smart way to market Corsair's products.Well done, Corsair

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I like that the lights will change to fit the power profile you are running, however I hope that is only an option. I would like to be able to keep my computer blue if I feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.