Mar 25, 2012
hey,
my specs are :

AMD FX4100 OC'D @ 4.2Ghz
ASUS M5A78 M LX
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 4GB 1600
ASUS NVIDIA 550Ti 1GB
CORSAIR CX430

Unexpectedly, assassin's creed revelations is lagging on my pc... i run gta 4 on high, fifa 12 on max..... i m yet to try more games..
The game doesn't lag all the time but just when i m on buildings and can see other buildings or around a lot of people... i have tried lowering the settings.... i decreased everything to the minimum.. still it lagged... please help me if u can...

have you tried decreasing the resolution? also check that you don't have AA or other post processing forced through NV control panel.

From the look of it you should be running the game just fine.

I'm recalling some posts about the latest patch making the gameplay less smooth, but I don't have any concrete info on that. Also, check if the in-game settings allow you to set the line of sight distance and try decreasing it.

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
i have used the lowest settings possible... lowest resolution n everything....
n u know what, now my gta 4 is lagging too... i ran it on 32 bit and it ran fine but now i installed 64 bit as i have 4 gigs so now it lags

well, as far as I know win7 64-bit does need a little more ram to run smoothly than the 32-bit version, but it shouldn't be that significant of a difference to cause stutter. The memory utilization you gave, is that under 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, check the CPU and GPU utilization %, are any of them at close 100%. You're definitely hitting a bottleneck somewhere, it's a matter of finding it.

Also, can you get MSI afterburner, run it and check your GPU memory usage it displays when your game is stuttering? I wonder if it might be vram limit.

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012
gpu usage is 25-40% rarely it goes to 95% but just for a sec
the game sometimes pauses for like 5 secs n then starts again... as if its waiting for some graphic to create...
my cpu temp goes to 82c sometimes too...

Do you have the latest updates for Assassin's Creed Revelations? I believe there have been 3 or 4 updates since launch. One of which I think specifically had to do with PC performance issues.

My game is updated to 1.03 or 1.04. :) Though I never had performance issues to begin with.

If your CPU temp is hitting 82c then you have a problem. Your CPU should never go above 70c in most cases. It sounds like you need better cooling. If your processor is overheating it will throttle itself down. This slow down will rob your Video Card of the data it needs to process images.

You can indeed damage the CPU if you continue to run it at such high temperatures. And it could also contribute to your data errors as well.

Are you using the CPU cooler that came with the processor? Or have you put a better aftermarket cooler on it?

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

i m using the stock cooler.... plus one stock chassis fan plus one aftermarket chassis fan...

divJ

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 25, 2012

but it doesnt perform even when its temperature is about 42c !...!