900mhz Tbird and 72w Peltier?

G

I have a 72w peltier that I am thinking about putting on a 900 Tbird system. My current CPU temperatures are 28C idle and around 45C on full load, My system temps are under 30C idle or on full load. Do you peltier users think it would be to my advantage to hook this rig up with the peltier and maybe get a few more MHz out of the chip? My case is very well ventilated; the CPU is running a Volcano II with a Delta 38CFM Fan.

-Knight

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I can't speak 4 anyone else, but I got a 75w pelt and a separate 300w p/s to run it. ...And it aint near cool enough to cool my athlon 1000 @ 1000, let alone the 1124mhz i've clocked it up to. Now, some ppl are using water coolers
and bigger power supplies....then perhaps it may be worth a shot. But the 12v on a p/s doesn't cut it for a 75w pelt. And in my case, the +12v/-5v jump trick works with a fan but trying that trick with the peltier only shut the p/s off.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

G

I know what your saying. I set my rig up with that 72wt peltier and my underload temps did go higher than 44, I get alot better cooling with just my Volcano II w/delta. That peltier might not be bad for say a Duron or something close to it. The only problem I have bout the water coolers is I don't really like running water through my computer case, although I hear oil works as a very good nonconductive alternative.