Recognizing Distinctive Ring

After installing Windows XP, I can no longer
specify 'distinctive ring' for receiving faxes. My
computer now answers every call as if it were a fax. Does
anyone know of any software (or hardware) that can fix
this problem?

Thanx, Barbara

No current operating systems support distinctive ring.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Barbara" <scottlewanski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> After installing Windows XP, I can no longer
> specify 'distinctive ring' for receiving faxes. My
> computer now answers every call as if it were a fax. Does
> anyone know of any software (or hardware) that can fix
> this problem?
>
> Thanx, Barbara

These third party hardware devices can provide a work-around to the lack of
Distinctive Ring support:

http://www.youcansave.com/switchboard.html
Emerson Switchboard
http://www.command-comm.com/products.html