Paul

Splendid

Need help getting scanner to work!

Before upgrading to XP, I was using W2k. The R80 scanner
is connected to an HP JetDirect 170X ethernet print
server. Under W2k, all I needed to do was open a browser
session and enter the IP address of the JetDirect. The Hp
would download it's little scanning interface to the
browser, and you could scann all you want.

Under Windows XP, when I point the browser to the HP, It
loads part of the HP interface but where there are
usually controls, images of little, steaming coffee cups
appear.

I assume this means a Java applet didn't load. I have the
JVM loaded and it works with other Java apps, so what's
up with this?

Help!?

Thanks,

Paul