NEC SUPER SCRIPT 860

Pep

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004

The driver provided in XP is very basic. I can not print
graphics like the NEC ssupplied driver in Windows 95.
NEC is not building an new driver. Does anyone have a fix
Pep

It's such an old printer, I doubt it. If NEC have a Windows 2000 driver you
might try that.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"PEP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The driver provided in XP is very basic. I can not print
> graphics like the NEC ssupplied driver in Windows 95.
> NEC is not building an new driver. Does anyone have a fix
> Pep

The printer is operating in PCL4 emulation mode if using the in-box Windows
XP driver. It is limited to 300 dpi. That is really not even good enough for
good printing/rendering of even some fonts (e.g. Optima really should be
printed at 600 or greater dpi). Also, the HP LaserJet II P driver can be
used. However, it is no improvement since it also has a 300 dpi resolution
limit.

Alas, I know of no better drivers that work with the combination.

Sometimes Windows 2000 drivers are OK with XP, as Cari noted. However, in
this case the in-box Win2000 driver is similar if not identical. In any
case, it, too is limited to 300 dpi.

Reference
http://www.necd.de/faq_detail.php/id/567/frage/124/lang/ENG
http://www.necd.de/faq_detail.php?id=567&frage=203