Can't Decide!

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
I haven't seen a review of that Taisol (w/copper insert), but it's one on my short list as a good compromise in the noise vs. cooling battle. I think Taisol's are underrated because they aren't the "ultimate" coolers overclockers need. The all aluminum ones always come out on the quiet side, and respectable for cooling. The attachment clip is supposed to be one of the best. It's fan could be upgraded, but then that would cost more and make it noiser.

I've seen only great reviews of the CAK38, but it has that noisy 6800 RPM fan on it so for me it wouldn't be an option. On the other hand, you could install a reostat system or 5-7-12 Volt selector switch and then you'd be able to match the fan speed to the cooling requirements as needed.

My 2 cents.

BW

PS: I'd really like to see a review of that copper based Taisol. Does anyone have a link to one? Thanks

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek:

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I've heard the OCZ Gladiator is pretty good, but any decent cooling will actually come from a delta fan on top, so I'd say your going to sacrifice noise for real good cooling. And any top of the line heatsink will be adequate with a delta fan. I personally use an Alpha Pal-6035, but I think I'm headed toward the OCZ Galdiator, same cooling as the Swiftech 462 without the hassle of a mobo mount.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I like the ThermoEngine V60-4210 Ultra (has a delta but noisey). Standard isn't as noisy but not as good especially since they changed the standard fan which has less blades. But quiet though.

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

TRENDING THREADS