Sign in with
Your question

To buy or not to buy? Reviews?

Last response: in Video Games
May 10, 2012 3:59:23 PM

Should I buy from CCLOnline?

I've looked around and saw that the customer support is poor and some people even had a used PC sent to them instead of the one in the site. Is it safe to trust this website? Or are the deals actually legit? Can anyone with experience with this site tell me because I'm just about to buy this computer + monitor:

http://www.cclonline.com/product/72557/NoMfgCode/All-CC...

http://www.cclonline.com/product/67658/9H-L7TLB-QWE/Mon...

Thanks.

More about : buy buy reviews

May 10, 2012 4:08:48 PM

I've always bought from them in the past (components) and never had issue... I actually had that monitor at one point :) 
May 10, 2012 4:32:37 PM

Awesome then. Seems like those reviews are just trolls or they just had an unfortunate encounter.

One review said that they bought a computer off there and when it came it was still in parts. I'm just curious if I'll have the same thing happen to me if I buy that computer.

Thanks though. :p 
Related resources
May 12, 2012 2:06:15 PM

Bought a laptop from them a couple of years ago.

They delivered quickly with no problems whatsoever.
May 18, 2012 3:16:40 PM

jdw_swb said:
Bought a laptop from them a couple of years ago.

They delivered quickly with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks, I guess I'll buy a PC from them and see what happens. :) 
May 18, 2012 8:27:01 PM

the monitor is a let down most of the specs look good but it falls flat for 1 very important aspect. the reason, the cd/m2 of 250 is tiny. because its so low you wont be able to see much of the screen in a sunny room. the higher the cd/m2 the better you should look for a minimum of 350-450 but the higher the better.
May 19, 2012 12:16:59 PM

HEXiT said:
the monitor is a let down most of the specs look good but it falls flat for 1 very important aspect. the reason, the cd/m2 of 250 is tiny. because its so low you wont be able to see much of the screen in a sunny room. the higher the cd/m2 the better you should look for a minimum of 350-450 but the higher the better.

Ahh, can you recommend some good, "cheap", gaming monitors then? I didn't know about the cd/m2 thing, do you have like a website where I can get good monitors from?

Thanks for your input. :D 
May 21, 2012 3:35:39 PM

Question:

Can a 1GB GTX 560 Ti run a dual monitor setup? You know, one for gaming and one for chatting and stuff.

One monitor ill be playing a game at 1920x1080 resolution. the size is 22"-24". The second monitor I'll just be using Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak, etc. to communicate with friends. Also, browsing the internet. Size will be 18.5"-19".

So can it run a dual monitor setup? Will it hinder the performance quality at all when in a game? Sorry for the newb question.
May 21, 2012 5:29:01 PM

Found a new PC: (pretty cheap and well in my target price)

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NEW-b-Nicosaurus-H77-9...

I've changed completely most of the parts and added a few to suit the things I want to do with it (gaming and recording):

========================================================================================================

CPU: NEW! Intel Core i5 3550

Included

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Included

Motherboard: NEW! Gigabyte H77M-D3H

Included

RAM: 8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)

£13.80

Hard Drive: Corsair 60GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

£4.60

2nd hard drive: NEW! 500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

£54.69

Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Included

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB

£83.00

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

Included

Keyboard: Logitech USB Keyboard

£8.99

Mouse: Logitech Optical Wheel USB Mouse

£5.99

Monitors: NEW! Asus 21.5" VE228T LED

£107.99

Case: Xigmatek Asgard

Included

PSU: NEW! 600W Xigmatek

£21.30

Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Warranty

Total price: £825 (inc. monitor + mouse + keyboard)

========================================================================================================

Will the graphics card be able to run modern games at mid/high quality while recording with FRAPS? Will the 60gb SSD enough for Windows 7 + possibly more programs? Is the 500gb HDD good enough for FRAPS space (10 minute videos)? Is the processor good enough for encoding/rendering videos? Will I able to run a dual monitor setup in the future with the 560 Ti? Is the monitor good enough for gaming (21")? Is the MOBO good enough and will I be able to make customizations with it in the future? Will the PSU (600w Xigmatek) able to handle the GTX 560 Ti or would I need to upgrade it more?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be real cautious when wanting to buy a PC and I'd like to have it good enough to my liking. Also, I'm just a casual gamer so graphics don't really matter to me as long as it's playable and good enough to be watched in Youtube.

Thanks. :) 
May 21, 2012 11:22:11 PM

Go for an ASUS motherboard.
May 22, 2012 12:04:29 AM

my personal favs for shopping online are ebuyer and overclockers.co.uk

http://www.ebuyer.com/

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

both have great selections of hardware, but shop around as they are often cheap but not the cheapest. especially when theres no free P'n'P on some sales.
!