Problem with printing

Hi,
I do not have the "add printer" driver in my version of
the xp home edition. Somehow I have deleted it! I first
found it out when I was trying to re-install my Lexmark
z25 printer, and I clicked "add printer", which
showed "operation cannot be completed". I tried to
install the printer software from the cd, but it could
not install and stated that "the spooler could not be
found" or something like that. I went into the command
prompt and typed "net start spooler", and that gave me an
error # 1038, showing that the group of operations could
not be identified.
I would most appreciate if somebody could help.
Regards,
Kuntal

First off you should go scan your computer for virus'
because it sounds like you have one. Go to
http://housecall.trendmicro.com and click on Scan Now,
it's Free! If it finds any virus' wipe them out then see
if your problem goes away. If it finds no virus', which
would surprise me, then see about running a repair of
Windows XP. You will need to contact Microsoft to learn
how to do this. Good Luck!

Mrputney

Lefiord wrote:

> Kuntal,
>
> I am suffering from a similar problem. Printing function works for awhile and then stops printing, all printers have disappeared and print spooler not started. I can reboot and then printers will sometimes be there, printing for awhile and then printers disappear. Cannot add printer, etc.
>
> Can anyone please help. It is killing me.
>
> Lee
>

> "Kuntal Bhattacharyya" wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I do not have the "add printer" driver in my version of
>>the xp home edition. Somehow I have deleted it! I first
>>found it out when I was trying to re-install my Lexmark
>>z25 printer, and I clicked "add printer", which
>>showed "operation cannot be completed". I tried to
>>install the printer software from the cd, but it could
>>not install and stated that "the spooler could not be
>>found" or something like that. I went into the command
>>prompt and typed "net start spooler", and that gave me an
>>error # 1038, showing that the group of operations could
>>not be identified.
>>I would most appreciate if somebody could help.
>>Regards,
>>Kuntal

Did you clean the drive and defrag lately. Sometimes
problems like these occur from fragmented drives.

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed