thunderbird cpu temp

G

System:

T-Bird 1133MHz (266MHz fsb)
IWILL KK266
256MB PC133 (generic)
Leadtek WinFast GeForce 2 Pro

My cpu temp is running at 51C just in the bios! I have no clue how high it gets when running STV:Elite Force. I am having random problems... Sometimes, it will act like it is booting up, but I don't get a video signal. Other times, it will hang on the "windows 98 cloud" screen. Other times, it locks up in STV: Elite Force. As I said, when I reboot and go to bios, my cpu temp is 51C. Could these problems Im experiencing be due to excess cpu heat or could my memory be el cheapo...

Thanks,
Michael

DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
Hmmmm, It doesn't sound like heat is your problem.

I had my t-bird up to 63 c for about 2 months, obviously this is worst case scenario, and you NEVER want your CPU to go above 65 C. But i would start trouble shooting elsewhere. 51 C isnt bad temp at all.

hope this helps

--DarkPhire

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
while 51 isnt necessarily bad, most people try to keep their temps below 50. make sure you installed the hsf properly, you can get it backwards so your thermal tape is only half on the processor (happened to me once when someone built a system for me, i was pissed)

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

G

Well that's interesting because I just sent a machine back to the shop because I thought it was running too hot. They say that 61C is acceptable for an Athlon 1400. True or not?

Finn61

TRENDING THREADS