I can't get the Lexmark 5000 printer to print on Windows
XP Pro. I have installed a 5000 driver as well as the
5700 driver and I get the same problem. The drivers seem
to install ok, but when I send a simple text document from
WordPad or Notepad, it goes to the spooler, the little
printer icon shows up in the tray, but then nothing
prints, and eventually an error pops up that says document
failed to print. DUH! When I first installed the
printer, it did print a test page. ?? I've tried "print
directly to the printer" but get the same thing. I've
tried setting the print processor to winprint and just
choosing text, but get the same thing. I am stumped on
this one, and am beginning to think that the Lexmark 5000
just isn't compatible with Windows XP pro. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are not uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.....

New drivers are available at the Lexmark website at
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:58:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=430

--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"MrPutney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't get the Lexmark 5000 printer to print on Windows
> XP Pro. I have installed a 5000 driver as well as the
> 5700 driver and I get the same problem. The drivers seem
> to install ok, but when I send a simple text document from
> WordPad or Notepad, it goes to the spooler, the little
> printer icon shows up in the tray, but then nothing
> prints, and eventually an error pops up that says document
> failed to print. DUH! When I first installed the
> printer, it did print a test page. ?? I've tried "print
> directly to the printer" but get the same thing. I've
> tried setting the print processor to winprint and just
> choosing text, but get the same thing. I am stumped on
> this one, and am beginning to think that the Lexmark 5000
> just isn't compatible with Windows XP pro. Any ideas?

I have told my friend he is just going to have to get a
new printer, as the Lexmark 5000 is just NOT compatible
with Windows XP pro.